Good Service From Adams Morey, Portsmouth (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yesterday I took our PVC to Adams Morey in Portsmouth for a hydraulic fluid change and "kiss point" reset on the Comfortmatic.

Google Maps took me to them directly although the last bit was slightly confusing but putting my faith in Google I followed the directions through a busy industrial site - the sign for Adams Morey isn't seen until you are virtually there. Once you arrive there are signs to direct motorhomes to the right part of the site although parking is a bit tight when you get there.

I was half an hour early, arriving at 10:30 for an 11:00 appointment so after handing over the keys I sat in the waiting room expecting I would have to wait a couple of hours having been told the job takes about 90 minutes.

A TV was running in the waiting room which was showing the D Day celebrations going on just a short distance away by the Naval Memorial on the sea front in Portsmouth. At one point I watched two Dakotas flying over the service and a minute or so later I saw them through the window of the waiting room flying quite low on their way back.

A bit earlier than expected at 12:15 my name was called and I was free to go, so to speak, after paying the bill.

It would be nice to say I noticed a difference but I'm not sure I can say that with huge confidence. The gear changes feel a bit crisper but that may just be my imagination. :)

So why the title of this thread?

Because this morning I had a call from Adams Morey to ask if all was well with the vehicle and did I have any concerns. I didn't and no garage has ever bothered to ask me this - ever.

Hard to fault them on anything. Perhaps the fly-past over my PVC was little OTT but I'll forgive them that. :)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Yesterday I took our PVC to Adams Morey in Portsmouth for a hydraulic fluid change and "kiss point" reset on the Comfortmatic.

Google Maps took me to them directly although the last bit was slightly confusing but putting my faith in Google I followed the directions through a busy industrial site - the sign for Adams Morey isn't seen until you are virtually there. Once you arrive there are signs to direct motorhomes to the right part of the site although parking is a bit tight when you get there.

I was half an hour early, arriving at 10:30 for an 11:00 appointment so after handing over the keys I sat in the waiting room expecting I would have to wait a couple of hours having been told the job takes about 90 minutes.

A TV was running in the waiting room which was showing the D Day celebrations going on just a short distance away by the Naval Memorial on the sea front in Portsmouth. At one point I watched two Dakotas flying over the service and a minute or so later I saw them through the window of the waiting room flying quite low on their way back.

A bit earlier than expected at 12:15 my name was called and I was free to go, so to speak, after paying the bill.

It would be nice to say I noticed a difference but I'm not sure I can say that with huge confidence. The gear changes feel a bit crisper but that may just be my imagination. :)

So why the title of this thread?

Because this morning I had a call from Adams Morey to ask if all was well with the vehicle and did I have any concerns. I didn't and no garage has ever bothered to ask me this - ever.

Hard to fault them on anything. Perhaps the fly-past over my PVC was little OTT but I'll forgive them that. :)
Hmm might give them a go then

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think so, I mentioned this over the phone although it wasn't itemised on the bill. The total cost was Ā£137 give or take a few pennies. I dealt with Simon.

From you bill it seems you got the discountā€¦šŸ‘šŸ¼

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
they are the only ones that would sort my extended warranty out ,,i called my local fiat dealer who said they would call me back as a matter of urgency as it was 10 days since i bought the van ,,they never called ,,adams moray did call me back and i arranged it with them ,,great service ,,thanks

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
If you think it's tight imagine how interesting it gets to arrive on one of these:

20230515_121842[1].jpg

Already booked in for early July for timing belt, service including comfortmatic fluid (of course can't have all that again), MOT. That Funster discount is barely going to touch the sides. As a single vehicle I must be getting close to being one of their best customers in the last year and a bit what with the Comfortmatic, accident body work repair and now this. I should buy shares in the company ;)

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
they are the only ones that would sort my extended warranty out ,,i called my local fiat dealer who said they would call me back as a matter of urgency as it was 10 days since i bought the van ,,they never called ,,adams moray did call me back and i arranged it with them ,,great service ,,thanks
Same here

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
We had some issues last year with our van just outside Oxford.
We contacted all the Fiat agents in and around the area and they all quoted at least 2 weeks before they could even look at it.
We ended up contacting Simon at Adams Morey in Portsmouth, he told us to get the van down to them and they looked at it the same day. Great service and definitely worth travelling to them. Also thereā€™s some fantastic areas to visit in the area.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back