Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We’re just learning. It’s much harder than I anticipated. We had our first 9 hole round at the weekend at Balgove in St Andrews where my son is studying. He gets a link card for peanuts so can play any of the courses. Nice beginners course.

Interested to know if folk take their clubs to France and Spain and how to find reasonably priced courses.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Used to play 3 or more times a week when working shifts, once I went on to days I struggled to find the time. Don’t really miss it but do miss the social side of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sdrawde
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
If anyone finds themselves around Manchester and you fancy a round, just get in touch - although a handicap certificate is gonna be required to play at the club I'm a member of, but we can always play at a municipal course where there are no such restrictions 👍

Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Does anyone else play?

If you enjoy the game and if you have an official handicap, you are welcome to join me for a round at my club in Manchester.

Perhaps others could share where their club is or arrange a get together?
Which club are you a member at? I’m originally from Manchester and played lots of courses around the area.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I've literally just started again a couple of weeks ago after a break of 22 years. I was a member of Wenvoe golf club for several years before stopping, I can still picture standing on the first tee there!

My son decided he wanted to take it up so I agreed to join him. I'm surprised how much I remember and how well I played my first round, only 9 holes but it went well.

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
I used to play a lot mainly for the banter and like lorger thats what I miss most. What I don’t miss is the 5hr plus rounds on a weekend, or a particular pond at the Kendleshire which consumed a dozen new Srixon one afternoon (& I played off 2).
Kelly also played so we would enter a lot of opens to get about. Gave up 10 or more years ago and now only play once per year - in fact that is next Friday at Tewkesbury Park with Kelly and friends. I have volunteered at a couple of the blind golf days this year which actually rekindled my love for the game somewhat.
So you never know if we take it seriously enough next week we might hold you down to your offer ⛳

OP
OP
Sdrawde
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I play at Stand golf club near Whitefield at the 12 o clock position of the M60.....

But used to love playing at the municipal golf course just down the road called Heaton Park - infamous because Sir Nick Faldo once played there and considered it one of the toughest courses he'd ever played!

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I play at Stand golf club near Whitefield at the 12 o clock position of the M60.....

But used to love playing at the municipal golf course just down the road called Heaton Park - infamous because Sir Nick Faldo once played there and considered it one of the toughest courses he'd ever played!
Played at Stand 2-3 times but not for several years. Remember the second is tough, someone planted a tree in the way!!

OP
OP
Sdrawde
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are heading up to Scotland as soon as we purchase the Moho with the intention of playing some of the lesser known hidden gems that I've heard so much about.

If truth be told, I'm hoping to stop in one or two of their car parks as well 😁

OP
OP
Sdrawde
Aug 3, 2024
Greater Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I used to play a lot mainly for the banter and like lorger thats what I miss most. What I don’t miss is the 5hr plus rounds on a weekend, or a particular pond at the Kendleshire which consumed a dozen new Srixon one afternoon (& I played off 2).
Kelly also played so we would enter a lot of opens to get about. Gave up 10 or more years ago and now only play once per year - in fact that is next Friday at Tewkesbury Park with Kelly and friends. I have volunteered at a couple of the blind golf days this year which actually rekindled my love for the game somewhat.
So you never know if we take it seriously enough next week we might hold you down to your offer ⛳
Sounds amazing. I'll tell my taxi driver friend that Polo is a doddle until he tries it blindfolded 😆

I used to be off 5 and was the mentor for a tour pro, but I retired from the game until I retired about 26 months ago - I figured I'd be back down to 5 I'm about a month, until the golfing Gods reminded me that it's not about what you 'figure' but what you can actually do 🏌️💩

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
Play (badly!) a couple of times a week at Okehampton. One of or regular playing partners is 94 years old, did 18 holes with him yesterday 👍 he’s been playing longer than I’ve been alive!

Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640

I’ve played Stand lots of times (nice course) and Heaton Park. We always said you need to be a mountain goat to play some of the holes.
I run a corporate group at Bolton GC. Most of us are retired now. No official handicap but all the places I have played (even the Brabazon at The Belfry) none have asked to see a handicap certificate.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I was a member of Bramhall golf club in a (much) earlier life...

... my father and I left the club because of it's anti semitic (unofficial) policy.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back