GOLF - Asking just in case... (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Our Grandson, Matthew 19 (matty as most funsters know him) has took a shine to golf after joining a mate on a driving range.
So far he has only played 1 round, said he did ok plus he had a lesson last week.

On the offchance does anyone have a used starter set to sell cheap, maybe they bought and never got into the game or even dare i say any clubs to donate to a young funster.. If not a recommendation of what he needs to start off without paying a fortune in case he doesn't stick with it...

cheers.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
It's worth checking local charity shops. A friend picked up a set for not a lot when they were unsure if they would take to it and are still using them now.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Go to a local pro shop at one of the courses, you’ll be surprised by the amount of secondhand clubs they have due to golfers believing the new model will solve their problems 😂😂 Our pro shop donates a lot of the used clubs to the juniors if not sold in first few months, just buy a half set to see if he sticks to it before spending a fortune.

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Our Grandson, Matthew 19 (matty as most funsters know him) has took a shine to golf after joining a mate on a driving range.
So far he has only played 1 round, said he did ok plus he had a lesson last week.

On the offchance does anyone have a used starter set to sell cheap, maybe they bought and never got into the game or even dare i say any clubs to donate to a young funster.. If not a recommendation of what he needs to start off without paying a fortune in case he doesn't stick with it...

cheers.
tonka Hi, did you get sorted on this one, just asking as I have a set of golf clubs I can help you with if still a live request. They are not the latest in golf technology due to their age, however, they are a good set of clubs (Ping) and so have worn well. Can help with a trolley and balls (playing and practice) if needed also. I live in South Kesteven, however, my hobbies, interests, and family mean I am always on the move so I am sure we could arrange a suitable meet point if they are still required. Sadly I am not into preparing for packing and posting. If I can help, let me know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
tonka Hi, did you get sorted on this one, just asking as I have a set of golf clubs I can help you with if still a live request. They are not the latest in golf technology due to their age, however, they are a good set of clubs (Ping) and so have worn well. Can help with a trolley and balls (playing and practice) if needed also. I live in South Kesteven, however, my hobbies, interests, and family mean I am always on the move so I am sure we could arrange a suitable meet point if they are still required. Sadly I am not into preparing for packing and posting. If I can help, let me know
Dolmen . That's a great offer and thanks.. I am currently on the schools out rally and last night one of the members offered me a set for him, so I may be sorted..
BUT if things don't go to plan I will be in touch. Will be on route to and from the Drax rally soon so looking at your location it would not be far off route if collection is needed. Thanks again and will update you later 👍👍

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Dolmen . That's a great offer and thanks.. I am currently on the schools out rally and last night one of the members offered me a set for him, so I may be sorted..
BUT if things don't go to plan I will be in touch. Will be on route to and from the Drax rally soon so looking at your location it would not be far off route if collection is needed. Thanks again and will update you later 👍👍
(y)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
From bitter experience, a set of clubs not closely suited by way of height to the player is more a nuisance and impairs play and hence confidence. I'm sure one of the offered sets may suit but best to give them a trial fitting.

Last edited:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
We had a sport's shop in Derby a few years ago when a man in a suit came in and bought every titanium golf club we had in stock it was over £10,000 I enquired who and what they were for it was Rolls Royce and the price had gone up so much they were buying up any titanium to melt down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back