jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Decided on a Staycation over Easter...we are away now in the MH...but tourists spoil where we live, so I will be catching up on jobs etc, and frequent visits to Church of course...👍🤔🇪🇦😃🥳

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Tunnel was busy, very busy on Friday. But all French passport booths open, and the coach lane completely empty, as was every coach parking space.
Agreed, we caught the 06.50 tunnel. No hold ups at all except for the first time ever the police booth was open. He asked us how much money we had and the purpose of our trip. I felt like a drug smuggler or money launderer….good job he didn’t check my fridge for contraband (milk, cheese etc) :LOL:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Turns out it was the processes brought in after brexit that were to blame. Oh and poor weather and large numbers of coaches...

Upvote 1
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
It seemed to be a number of factors. When we crossed Saturday with Eurotunnel, we were only delayed so we could get our passports stamped. Everything else seemed absolutely fine.

That’s only been caused by one thing……

Dover however was gridlocked, we visited Dover castle and thankfully got away early enough to get to Folkestone out the back.

The Government refused a proposal by the Port of Dover to expand its passport booths. That would have helped massively.

They know it can’t cope at peak times, they simply don’t care.

Add to that mix extra bookings, strikes, bad weather and lorries already waiting for customs clearance then it’s bound to jam up.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back