Glow plug fault, revisited. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thought I'd start new post as, been a while since the first one about the fault, and this will be a long explanation.
Fiat Ducato 2.3. 36K miles.
Starting OK from cold, no faults.
Next start when warm, glow plug light flashing and message on dash saying " check glow plug "
Decided to do a resistance check.
Took passenger side headlight out, can see Bosch glow plug relay directly below but still awkward to get to.
Jacked up, removed wheel then wheel arch liner.
Now easy to get at from below. Removed the one holding nut.
Was able to wangle the relay up to a nice position.
Removed relay from the wiring connector.
Checked resistance of each plug in turn at the connector, with a fluke.
Approx 1 Ohm on 3 of them but 250 Kohms at the 4th one.
Double and triple checked.
This means either the plug is duff or a wiring fault.
My bet is on the former but will defo check the wiring.
However. They are badly shrouded by all sorts and the only way to get at the plugs and the connectors is quite a bit of dismantling.
Have had a good look at prutube and all the vids so far show how to remove glow plugs BUT none show the work leading up to the point where you can get to them !!!!!!
I find this to be very common on crumbtube.
SO, have any of you seem a decent vid showing ALL the work?
Incidentally, while doing my self build I did watch quite a number of build series and a common theme is for people to do some "unboxing" (wow) and next thing you know the item is fitted but not shown how it was done!!!!
Wish I had the time, money and video kit do do another build.
Happy Jack.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Have had a good look at prutube and all the vids so far show how to remove glow plugs BUT none show the work leading up to the point where you can get to them !!!!!!
I find this to be very common on crumbtube.
Yep seems typical of almost all problems even just removing an oil filter " look i had 6 problems removing it heres 5 of them and look its fitted" or here is the " thing" a close up so close you can feel its bad breath but dont even know what side of van it is.
I tried videoing a few things and realised 2 things
1 im as crap as the best of them
2 to get a decent video there are 2 distinct roles Cameraman and Doer. one man and his camera will always have dodgy passages in the story.
Unboxing Unbloodyboxing 7 mins of your life that wont be reduced even with fast forwarding.
Dont understand whats your problem

OP
OP
H
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Yep seems typical of almost all problems even just removing an oil filter " look i had 6 problems removing it heres 5 of them and look its fitted" or here is the " thing" a close up so close you can feel its bad breath but dont even know what side of van it is.
I tried videoing a few things and realised 2 things
1 im as crap as the best of them
2 to get a decent video there are 2 distinct roles Cameraman and Doer. one man and his camera will always have dodgy passages in the story.
Unboxing Unbloodyboxing 7 mins of your life that wont be reduced even with fast forwarding.
Dont understand whats your problem
You seem to be agreeing with all I say then the last sentence contradicts, I think.
Happy Jack.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back