Getting Lost (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
Thank you for staying out of our way on our recent jaunt up in the North East. Was it down to impeccable courtesy or a degree of incompetence?

We put our seeing very few motorhomes down to the fact that we were often completely lost.
I’ve tried, without much success, to analyse the matter a little deeper. But it raised questions.

Was it because you were also lost that we managed to avoid each other? Or did you get deliberately lost to avoid us on purpose. Or did you know we’d be lost enabling you stick to your original route in the knowledge that we wouldn’t meet?

Bit of a conundrum I think - hereto unresolved.

Anyhow, the upshot is that we’re about to start another trip, this one around southern Scotland and it would be great if you could make yourselves inconspicuous again, preferably without the need for us to get lost.

Thank you.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Thank you for staying out of our way on our recent jaunt up in the North East. Was it down to impeccable courtesy or a degree of incompetence?

We put our seeing very few motorhomes down to the fact that we were often completely lost.
I’ve tried, without much success, to analyse the matter a little deeper. But it raised questions.

Was it because you were also lost that we managed to avoid each other? Or did you get deliberately lost to avoid us on purpose. Or did you know we’d be lost enabling you stick to your original route in the knowledge that we wouldn’t meet?

Anyhow, the upshot is that we’re about to start another trip, this one around southern Scotland and it would be great if you could make yourselves inconspicuous again, preferably without the need for us to get lost.

Thank you.
If or when you get there, if it's not raining, you're not in Scotland :giggler:

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu 600 DBK
Exp
Years of Caravan, now got our new Malibu PVC
My son (he's 38 now) used to worry when he was little and said "Dad, where are we?" and I would say "I don't know". He would say "So we're lost?" and I would say "You can't get lost in England, it's not big enough. I just don't know where we are! Sooner or later I'll see something I recognise and then we won't be lost!"

Upvote 0

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i'm another who never got lost but occasionally went into discovery mode whereupon wonderful new vistas and places would be..
got to love an adventure..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging

Thank you.

Sadly, it is probably that many were sur le continent. No idea why, unless it is the aires, the empty roads, the plentiful cycle paths, the wine, motorhome parking in hypermarkets, the weather, the food, no height restriction, the wine, no signs saying "Motorhome devil-spawn not welcome here", the friendly people, did I say wine?

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

Thank you.
It simple, if your up North and the sun is shining, head East, the point of where it rises, if it's windy or raining, it's usually coming from the West but if it's coming from the North, you know it. Simples! 😄

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back