Gemini Alarm only partially working (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Our 2012 Bailey came with a Gemini alarm fitted. Probably the most non-friendly user manual ever!

Anyway, the hab door has a magnet fitted which operates a reed switch which should operate the alarm, if set, when the hab door opens. We disable the internal sensor when sleeping in the van but my understanding is that the alarm should still operate if the hab door is opened. It doesn’t. The bonnet switch operates correctly as does the internal sensor.

What can I try/do to get this to work? There are small red leds on the door sensors that operate when close together and I’ve replaced the batteries.
Thanks in advance.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Brothers van has same alarm and the same thing happened to his , had to change batteries twice before it stated working again.

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
Yes, the alarm should activate when the hab door is opened with the internal sensors disabled. Does the hab door sensor activate the alarm at all, regardless of whether the internal sensors are disabled? If not, it's possible that the hab door sensor is no longer programmed to the system, i.e. it's wireless transmission is no longer recognised.

To re-programme it follow the procedure in section 13 of the manual on page 14. This is the same procedure used for programming any additional sensors fitted, e.g. to locker doors. It sounds complicated but is actually fairly straightforward.

If that doesn't work try changing the sensors battery, as suggested above. If still no success it could be that the sensor is faulty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back