Rally Chat Gathering at the Caravan Salon, Düsseldorf. 29 August 2025 (15 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
How about a group gathering at Düsseldorf next year? We could all meet at a nearby service station and travel as a group to the show to get parked together. While I expect that during the day, most will want to explore the show on their own. Funsters could gather in their area in the evenings for beer and BBQ's etc making it a memorable show.

Who'd be up for it?
Yes. The campground is as good if not better than the exhibition. SO many amazing vans from all over the world. Good currywurst as well.

May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
Interested, Jim.

Been many times by air, occasionally just as a great single day out, just never yet as part of touring with a van. I'd link it with some wine festivals on the Mosel at that time of year :wine:.

Currywursts & pilsner are a must. I also use the Messe ticket for free trams to the Altstadt.

Dave (& Ali)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It might be bit nose to tail parking but at least you get a decent amount of space outside between vans (unless you are a UK van)

IMG_2849.jpeg

Looking at this which is only a small part of a double row of Morelo's makes me think that you may be able to reserve spaces if you know who to talk to, or maybe arriving at the very start is the way to go :unsure:

IMG_2841.jpeg

We were OK for room but the trees were not good for solar, the only other problem is this is the year Morelo turned me upside down till enough loose change fell out for a deposit :LOL:

May 13, 2014
Bury St. Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
For those that don’t know there’s a good cycle track along the Rhine into Düsseldorf from the Salon and shuttle buses to take you into the show and into Düsseldorf in the evening, was included when we last went.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Thought he was Austrian 😂
Many moons ago we had a family meal in an Austrian Restaurant.
My brother was at one end of the table, and my father at the other end.

My brother, who as he an occasional compiere is not known for talking quietly, but on this occasion he did, prompting my father to say 'can you talk up a bit', which my brother appeared not to hear, so my father said in a loud voice heard across the restaurant 'LOUDER'

Sitting right behind my Dad was Nicki Lauder.

(I think only my brother and Nicki got the joke, my Dad was mortified when he realised)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back