Rally Chat Gathering at the Caravan Salon, Düsseldorf. 29 August 2025 (35 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How about a group gathering at Düsseldorf next year? We could all meet at a nearby service station and travel as a group to the show to get parked together. While I expect that during the day, most will want to explore the show on their own. Funsters could gather in their area in the evenings for beer and BBQ's etc making it a memorable show.

Who'd be up for it?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We could be Jim - not looking for a new van, but love a Funster gathering wherever it is!

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For those not familiar with the show, it's simply the best motorhome show in the world, over 750 exhibitors, from 35 countries in 16 massive halls. Around 250k visitors and for the duration of the show, the camping area officially becomes the largest car park in the world.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not sure how big the group would be Jim but do you think that by arriving together that would actually guarantee parking together, we have arrived with friends in the past but we just got split up into whatever spaces were available.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not sure how big the group would be Jim but do you think that by arriving together that would actually guarantee parking together, we have arrived with friends in the past but we just got split up into whatever spaces were available.

Yes its a gamble, but if you arrive together hopefully we won't be too far apart, and we can designate an evening gathering area.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We could be interested too as not been for a while now.

For those who've not been before, they pack you in tightly nose to tail on the Camping Platz, and if not careful, you can find yourself being boxed in. Needless to say, I don't do "boxed in" but prefer to have enough room to move out in an emergency situation. ;)

That aside, it's a great exhibition which really needs a minimum of a 2 x day ticket, as it is so big it puts the NEC Motorhome & Leisure Shows to shame. There are free buses from the Camping Platz which take you to and from Dusseldorf City in the evenings. (y)

It's definitely worth a visit. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2025
Exp
Since 2007
Could be interested in this, definitely don’t like the idea of nose to tail though, I’d feel to restricted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Never been parked so close that I couldn't drive out.
We have Jim, (ask Rita), once by an selfish Frenchman trying to get a satellite signal, and once by a Platz Parking Attendant, with no room to even walk between vehicles................ however, on both occasions, I resolved the situation myself. The Frenchman was well put out. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Interested.

Never been, but looked at possibly going in 2025.
There is a campsite here on the other side of the river, right opposite the exhibition, 10 min cycle away.

It has the advantage of trees, grass, EHU, water, dump station as well as loo, shower and laundry etc.

I wonder if they would take a block booking ?
Although knowing the Germans, where popular sites are often booked 12-18 months ahead, it may have to be for 2026!

But it might be worth discussing if, for a small fee, the facilities could be used to save us all taking a tank full of water halfway across Europe in one direction and a full cassette back in the other.

Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I’ll be taking my uke, so I could clear a lovely spot for us all :rofl:

I promise not to actually play it though - the sight of it is probably enough to clear us a large space …. :rofl:
I was going to say we would be interested, But if the UKE is on site!🤣 only joking
We are interested👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back