Gaslow: Inspection Hatch for Gas Locker (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Access to the gas bottle on my PVC is by opening the rear barn doors and then opening the gas locker door ..

All very well and good, until you have a tow-bar mounted bike rack with two e-bikes , not very convenient, and especially when / if the security bod at Le-Shuttle wants to check your gas bottle is isolated ..

I found this idea on another Fun post but thought it worth repeating ..

An inspection hatch from Gaslow, water and gas proof, so could be mounted externally or internally .. I fitted inside the van in the toilet/shower space so no need to go outside to operate the bottle valve.

Fortunately I already had the required size of hole saw, and it was literally a 15min job to fit ..

Very pleased with it, good quality, and it gives plenty access to open and close the gas bottle..

Gaslow Access Hatch

IMG_2298.jpegIMG_2299.jpeg

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whilst Gaslow sell the hatch it's just a water proof/airtight one used on boats so might be cheaper elsewhere, you can also get different sized ones so if you need a bigger orifice to get your full arm in, eg to turn off the rear cylinder, you won't get stuck in it ... Don't ask how I discovered this! šŸ˜„

I got mine off eBay and also attached a kitchen cupboard handle to it to make it easier to grip to take off.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
if you need a bigger orifice to get your full arm in, eg to turn off the rear cylinder, you won't get stuck in it ... Don't ask how I discovered this! šŸ˜„
ha ha.. newbie error .. I fitted mine to access the rear bottle.. lol šŸ˜‚

I was going to fit for access to the front bottle which is normally in use, but changed them over so I can run with just one bottle at the rear if required.

didn't know there were larger ones.. thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back