Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Hi everyone,
I've just had a gaslow refillable system put in on our new MoHo.
Now the question is, I need to know if I can use safefill bottles which are lighter or do I stick with the gaslow bottles. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I believe there is a Safefill type with Gaslow type valves and connections obtainable from LPG Shop. There is an ad for the LPG Shop on the Fun main page. No idea how good or bad the kit may be. Alternatively, as said above, go for Alugas if weight is the concern.

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
Hi everyone,
Now the question is, I need to know if I can use safefill bottles which are lighter or do I stick with the gaslow bottles. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi everyone,
There is only about 7kg difference in the weight between the 11kg Gaslow and the equivalent safefill. As pointed out in #2, safefill bottles are not on the same page for practically when filling and you may well be refused at some filling stations with a safefill.
Do you really need to have this small weight saving?

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
C
Apr 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Rapido
Exp
since 2018
Hi all,
Thanks again for your input regarding my gaslow question. I am convinced now I will use the gaslow bottles.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you are never going to be lifting them in and out then there is really no point to change.
As said. Safefill need to be dissconnected or taken out to re-fill. Some places wont let you do that.
Moving to alugas will mean lighter bottles but would only be a benefit if your really tight on weight and then only saving a small amount.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back