Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
how old is this regulator? It’s got 10 09 stamped on it!
IMG_2088.jpeg

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
What age should they be changed out?
Manufacturers and industry guidelines are 10 year for replacing the regulator, same with the majority of gas hoses.
I personally always advise people to keep a spare regulator as they really can fail at any time for various reasons.
Don’t get me started about the poor quality and incorrect sizes of washers currently being used by many suppliers in the leisure industry, some washers actually start to disintegrate and block the regulator ⚠️

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Manufacturers and industry guidelines are 10 year for replacing the regulator, same with the majority of gas hoses.
I personally always advise people to keep a spare regulator as they really can fail at any time for various reasons.
Don’t get me started about the poor quality and incorrect sizes of washers currently being used by many suppliers in the leisure industry, some washers actually start to disintegrate and block the regulator ⚠️
I had just that issue, chsnged the set up so removed a hose that had onlt been on 6 months ish, certainly not longer and the washer just crumbled.

In the case of Gingernuts i would have thought that would have been checked as a matter of safety as he bought it from what is thought a respected dealer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
I had just that issue, chsnged the set up so removed a hose that had onlt been on 6 months ish, certainly not longer and the washer just crumbled.

In the case of Gingernuts i would have thought that would have been checked as a matter of safety as he bought it from what is thought a respected dealer
Don’t get me started! 😐

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I recently bought a regulator for my Calor propane bottles - ebay caravan spares seller - thread wouldn't even start into bottles - refunded and old regulator refitted for now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back