Gas powered heater fan stopped working

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
T5
Hi everyone, previous owner did a DIY conversion and so I'm not sure how everything works really. It has a heater fan connected to a propane bottle which has always worked well until a few months ago it just stopped. Gas was running low anyway so I've replaced the bottle with a new one but still nothing. This is the user interface (if that's what you call it), when selecting fan only the fan works, but when you select the fire symbol for heating the fan turns off and then nothing happens. Could anyone tell me what I should look for in terms of troubleshooting? Is propex a well known heating system?

View attachment 229360

OP
OP
S
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
T5
Sorry not sure where that pic of the porsche has come from. Here's the heating system:

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-28 at 13.22.00.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Not familiar with your heater, but they are big users of gas and if your gas regulator next to your bottle has any age to it, they sometimes fail to deliver enough gas for the heater to work. I had to replace a ten year old Truma regulator on my van as the combined blown air/water heater would go into fail mode, even though the fridge and hob still worked.
Autogas2000 at Thirsk will sell you a replacement regulator. If it's mounted to the bulkhead as opposed to a bottle fitted one, you will need to specify the size of the gas pipe, they're usually either 8mm or 10mm pipes.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Propex used to do a standard overhaul service for a fixed fee with a rapid turn round.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi everyone, previous owner did a DIY conversion and so I'm not sure how everything works really. It has a heater fan connected to a propane bottle which has always worked well until a few months ago it just stopped. Gas was running low anyway so I've replaced the bottle with a new one but still nothing. This is the user interface (if that's what you call it), when selecting fan only the fan works, but when you select the fire symbol for heating the fan turns off and then nothing happens. Could anyone tell me what I should look for in terms of troubleshooting? Is propex a well known heating system?

View attachment 229360
I appreciate this might be stating the obvious, and apologies if it is, but in your second photo, the temperature control is set at the off position, whereupon the fan would be expected to work, ie, cool air circulation, whereas the heat setting (flame) wouldn't be expected to work.
Try turning the bottom control up to the hot setting, then turn on the top control to gas/flame.

Good luck,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back