Gas bottle shut of valves (25 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
You can tell I've been away in the van few weeks, idle hands and lots of questions.

We have large campervan with the gas bottles in a cupboard at the back of the van, to access them you have to open the rear van doors.

The problem on long trips we have the bikes all on and covered up, so getting in the rear doors to open or close the gas bottle is a real pain.

But on a quick stop over we may want to use the gas grill, so need to turn gas on.

We don't want to leave it on, but if we did and then used one off these,
Shut off valve ,
would this be an acceptable safety compromise? We would still shut the bottle for tunnel and ferry trips

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That link goes to the wrong item.

I think your best solution would be to fit anti-rupture hoses & a regulator with a crash sensor then you can leave the gas on apart from on ferries.

If you have the latest Gaslow or Alugas refillable bottles they have the rupture valve built it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
That link goes to the wrong item.

I think your best solution would be to fit anti-rupture hoses & a regulator with a crash sensor then you can leave the gas on apart from on ferries.

If you have the latest Gaslow or Alugas refillable bottles they have the rupture valve built it.
The link has been corrected.

We just use standard gas bottles, we don't use much gas so they last the best part of a year, so don't want the expense of refillables

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Much better to use a proper crash sensor.

You link will leave the fridge, heating, etc running in the event of a crash.

Rupture protection is not enough.
We don't use gas for fridge and heating. Only need to cooking

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back