Garmin Nuvi 255WT lost traffic FM updates (1 Viewer)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I’ve had a quick look and not seen news but have the older Garmin Satnav units - like my 255WT lost access to the traffic master over air updates?

I was getting updates around the NewYear I think.
But the last few months, no updates.

I’m at the early steps of troubleshooting.
I may find an update waiting with Garmin Express.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I’ve had a quick look and not seen news but have the older Garmin Satnav units - like my 255WT lost access to the traffic master over air updates?

I was getting updates around the NewYear I think.
But the last few months, no updates.

I’m at the early steps of troubleshooting.
I may find an update waiting with Garmin Express.
There was something came out from Garmin about them terminating whatever agreement they had with whoever, you can see I took a lot of notice of it:RollEyes:, around over air traffic updates and they released a mobile phone app to replace.

Haven't used the app so not clear on how it works. If truth be told I'm getting fed-up with everybody pushing apps down your throat!:swear2:

The most recent classic was we went in for steak night at our local pub and when we queried why there was no steak night menu on the table (all the normal menus were there) were told you had to order through their app. So we left the poured pint and opened bottle of wine on the bar top, walked out and took our c£60 elsewhere!

Edit: ps this is the app - https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/666925

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
RDS-TMC? I coded up some of the maps for those systems about 20 years ago. Horrible and tedious work. The length of each section of road we could mark was pretty large, so the resolution wasn't great. And the bandwidth on the FM subcarrier was tiny too, so you'd not get much more info that from listening to Sally Traffic on Radio 2.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back