Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
I'm having trouble with the garage door retainer on our Pilote. I'm referring to the receiver that secures the door against the body of the van to stop it slamming shut.

It pulled itself from the van leaving the two holes that fastened it and I've tried a couple of things to reattach it but they have all eventually failed and it's come free again. I was thinking of something like a spring toggle or collapsible rawl plug, although there doesn't appear to be much depth to the panel or depth of the cavity.

It can't be that hard to fix. Does anyone have experience of this repair? Many thanks.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Large flange spreading rivets,

IMG_4807.jpeg

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I moved the clip along a bit so I could drill new holes in the body ( it didn’t have to be 100% inline ) also put double sided tape between clip & body , been fine ever since

My probs was there from new , door just didn’t line up so clip was stressed

May 19, 2018
Funster No
I used M4 jack nuts with 20mm countersunk bolts. Works well if you tighten the jack nut completely before adding the door catch. I used a flat blade screwdriver as a lever to get the jack nut tight initially as you have to stop it turning to collapse the nut properly.

OP
OP
dally
Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
I used M4 jack nuts with 20mm countersunk bolts. Works well if you tighten the jack nut completely before adding the door catch. I used a flat blade screwdriver as a lever to get the jack nut tight initially as you have to stop it turning to collapse the nut properly.

Many thanks, this was just the thing I was hoping for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back