Fulli tag did not beep on two Portuguese motorway tolls. Is this an issue? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
We drove from Spain towards Lagos on the A22 today, and our Fulli tag didn’t beep going through two of the automatic tolls. It worked fine on all the others.

Could this be an issue that could result in fines?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
We were similarly concerned on the same route going the other way in late Oct ‘23 when two or three gantries didn’t produce the beep…. to my knowledge nothing came of it, but we’ve not been home yet to properly check the mail. 🤪

Upvote 0

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We drove from Spain towards Lagos on the A22 today, and our Fulli tag didn’t beep going through two of the automatic tolls. It worked fine on all the others.

Could this be an issue that could result in fines?

Thanks
We had the same on our trip in February and March this year and all was fine.

It takes time to appear on the Fulli account too. It seems that Spain & Portugal 'invoice' Fulli for all your toll trips once a month, so you don't get any trips appear in your Fulli account until the following month, when they appear in bulk.

I made a note of the tolls where we knew the amount, which was all bar one and all tied back to the bulk invoice when it appeared on our Fulli account.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We had one gantry that did not beep last week.
On the A25 road between Aveiro and the Salamanca
It was about the 3rd or 4th gantry on the A25 from Aveiro heading east.

So hopefully they will work out we went through the the one before and the one after and the time should be able to be calculated to the minute for the missing gantry as we had cruise control on.

But lets see if they are stupid.
I'm not holding my breath

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Tolls from Spain & Portugal take longer to appear, see my post above ☝️
We haven’t got any Spanish trips in May showing on our account yet, so I think you are right about the monthly bulk invoices.

It sounds like this is a common problem, so hopefully, there won’t be any issues with the few gantries that haven’t pinged our tag.

We’ll know that it’s gone horribly wrong when we can’t get through the door when we get back home because of all the fine letters!

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Our Portuguese Fulli toll invoice for travel in March has just been paid from the Revolut account. The French tolls in February were invoiced the same month and paid in March, the Spanish tolls for February and March were invoiced in March and paid April. You should be fine - not fined! ;)

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have also just got our invoice for travel in March. The one I was concerned about was where there are no toll gates and no bips for the electronic overhead gantry ones. Going south on A2 in Portugal. I haven’t been able to interpret the Fulli invoice as easily as my old ATMB ones.

Upvote 0

Darloman

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years ago we drove in Portugal and on many gantries the Fulli tag did not work. Knowing this we tried to address the matter and went to the local post office in Tavira to raise the matter and pay any outstanding fees. This was not possible. This option works fine for Portuguese residents with Portuguese registered vehicles but not for residents of other countries with their vehicles. Thought no more about it as we’d tried to sort the matter but about 3 months after getting home I received a letter from a debt collection agency based in the UK requesting I pay the outstanding fees. It was not a fine just a request for the fees we owed. Paid up and matter sorted.

Reactions: CRD
Upvote 0

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We haven’t got any Spanish trips in May showing on our account yet, so I think you are right about the monthly bulk invoices.

It sounds like this is a common problem, so hopefully, there won’t be any issues with the few gantries that haven’t pinged our tag.

We’ll know that it’s gone horribly wrong when we can’t get through the door when we get back home because of all the fine letters!
I am sure you will be fine (y)

It is a bit nerve racking when there is nothing showing on the Fulli account for such a long time, as the French tolls show up so quickly but it all worked for us and many others, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
A note for the future:

In Portugal, Just because you have a Fulli Tag do not assume you can use the barrier free 'V' lane at the toll.
We ended up paying a €47 fine as they are not compatible (despite what it says on the Fulli web site).

The 'rule of thumb' in Portugal is if there is a barrier toll, then use it.

However Portugal a many miles of roads where there is very little, if any, notification you are now on a toll road, and the ONLY way to pay is with a Fulli tag, which charges you a few cents from an overhead gantry as you pass each exit.

So to sum up.
If you are going to Portugal get a Fulli tag a few weeks before you go.
And be prepared to pay tolls at the barriers.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
A note for the future:

In Portugal, Just because you have a Fulli Tag do not assume you can use the barrier free 'V' lane at the toll.
We ended up paying a €47 fine as they are not compatible (despite what it says on the Fulli web site).

The 'rule of thumb' in Portugal is if there is a barrier toll, then use it.

However Portugal a many miles of roads where there is very little, if any, notification you are now on a toll road, and the ONLY way to pay is with a Fulli tag, which charges you a few cents from an overhead gantry as you pass each exit.

So to sum up.
If you are going to Portugal get a Fulli tag a few weeks before you go.
And be prepared to pay tolls at the barriers.
We used the V lane without any problems in February, it was charged to our Fulli tag, along with the other tolls from the overhead gantries.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am still not convinced about the V lane. We went on first one on A2 March 29th
This is the invoice which has a date on it 30 April I am sure we went through others on the Algarve A22 but they would be April dates so maybe coming later on May invoice. How do I tell if it is for the A2?
IMG_6161.png

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We drove through the 'V' toll at the northern border on the A3 at Valencia in April.
We have a working Fulli tag (as it's worked everywhere else)

We were fined €47 on exiting at Porto as we had not paid apparently
We used the V lane without any problems in February, it was charged to our Fulli tag, along with the other tolls from the overhead gantries.

FYI:

The Spanish motorway, the AP9/A55 between Santiago de Compostela and the Portuguese border at Vigo/Tui is still tolled.
(Most motorways in Spain are now toll free, but be aware, it's not all!)
Payments are made on the Fulli tag.

We drove down the A55 in Spain and the Fulli tag correctly collected the tolls.
But as we crossed the border into Portugal on the A3 at Valencia we made the mistake of assuming the 'V' lane worked for the Fulli Tag.
We drove through, the tag did not beep.

We were fined €47 on exiting at Porto as we had not paid apparently.

I have since checked the Fulli account (which you can only do weeks later as they process accounts weeks in arrears)
and at least we have not been charged twice as far as I can see.

I can see the charges on the Spanish road to the border
I can see the charges on the Portuguese roads after Porto

We made a point of not driving on the 'V' lanes through the tolls and picked up paper tickets instead.
or as we found on many of the Portuguese tolls, the tag beeped and the barrier opened so we did not actually have to stop.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back