Fuel Additive…..Sorted. (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My petrol Rio toad has for some time had an intermittent brief misfire on low revs when accelerating gently with management light flashing intermittently .
Had it checked at garage also on my obd reader and shows occasional misfire on cyl 2.
I considered changing plugs , leads and ht coils but when reading manual, fuel additive is recommended every few thousand miles so put a bottle of STP additive in tank and problem gone, sweet as a nut now.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Glad you posted ,

only last week I was tempted to buy fuel additive for my recently purchased 2018 Skoda Octavia , 1.4lt petrol engine..

your post prompted me to look in the owners manual for advice..

CAUTION
Petrol additives (additives)
■ The unleaded petrol in accordance with the prescribed standards meets all the conditions for a smooth running engine. Therefore, we recommend that you do not add any fuel additives to the petrol - there is a risk of engine dam- age or damage to the exhaust system.
■ The following additives and auxiliary products may not be used - there is a risk of engine damage or damage to the exhaust system!
■ Additives with metal components (metallic additives), in particular with manganese and iron content.
■ Fuels with metallic content (e.g. LRP - lead replacement petrol).

It also had the same advice for the diesel engine models

CAUTION Diesel fuel additives
■ The diesel fuel in accordance with the prescribed standards meets all the conditions for a smooth running engine. Therefore, we recommend that you do not add any fuel additives to the diesel - - there is a risk of engine damage or damage to the exhaust system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Glad you posted ,

only last week I was tempted to buy fuel additive for my recently purchased 2018 Skoda Octavia , 1.4lt petrol engine..

your post prompted me to look in the owners manual for advice..

CAUTION
Petrol additives (additives)
■ The unleaded petrol in accordance with the prescribed standards meets all the conditions for a smooth running engine. Therefore, we recommend that you do not add any fuel additives to the petrol - there is a risk of engine dam- age or damage to the exhaust system.
■ The following additives and auxiliary products may not be used - there is a risk of engine damage or damage to the exhaust system!
■ Additives with metal components (metallic additives), in particular with manganese and iron content.
■ Fuels with metallic content (e.g. LRP - lead replacement petrol).

It also had the same advice for the diesel engine models
Now that’s the opposite to what Kia recommends.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I find filling occasionally with the premium fuels works however it’s only a higher octane and not an additive But seems to give a smoother running engine🤔

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I find filling occasionally with the premium fuels works however it’s only a higher octane and not an additive But seems to give a smoother running engine🤔
Likewise..

I put in the odd tankful of Shell V Power..

according to the Skoda manual >>

On vehicles using prescribed petrol of min. 95 RON, the use of petrol with a higher octane number than 95 RON can increase the power and reduce fuel consumption.

V-Power unleaded

New & Improved Shell V-Power*ᴬ is designed to help your engine run more efficiently and improves your engine’s fuel economy.*ᶜ

Cleans critical engine parts​

New & Improved Shell V-Power*A unleaded contains three times more cleaning and protection molecules than our regular fuel*F, helping remove performance-robbing deposits and protects against future build-up on vital engine parts such as intake valves or fuel injectors*B.

*F Compared to Shell’s FuelSave Unleaded fuel. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style. Helps to protect key fuel system components such as intake valves and fuel injectors from the build up of performance robbing deposits. Friction reducing molecules help critical parts of your engine. No guarantees provided.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Likewise..

I put in the odd tankful of Shell V Power

V-Power unleaded

New & Improved Shell V-Power*ᴬ is designed to help your engine run more efficiently and improves your engine’s fuel economy.*ᶜ

Cleans critical engine parts​

New & Improved Shell V-Power*A unleaded contains three times more cleaning and protection molecules than our regular fuel*F, helping remove performance-robbing deposits and protects against future build-up on vital engine parts such as intake valves or fuel injectors*B.

*F Compared to Shell’s FuelSave Unleaded fuel. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style. Helps to protect key fuel system components such as intake valves and fuel injectors from the build up of performance robbing deposits. Friction reducing molecules help critical parts of your engine. No guarantees provided.

Yes I found it helped with mine but didn’t stop the occasional hesitation which the STP did.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back