OP
Peavy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Day 14.
The end of our journey has come.
Last night of our E to W trip (and back) has been Logroño, a city we use often as last stop from our trips to northern Spain.
The city is a typical Spanish town, quite authentic, not so full of tourists as others. It's main attraction is Laurel Street, where you'll find... tapas again:LOL:
So, last two chapters of this thread are basically tapas and beer, sorry about that.
1000014549.jpg

1000014534.jpg

The street is keeping it's essence as bar street, where you ask for a drink and each place has it's own tapa.
Is trying (and doing well) to keep that essence by forbidding certain behaviours that were a dangerous trend, like bachelor parties, formed by groups of disguised drunk people wandering from bar to bar.
That's been eradicated now, thankfully, and it's full of local flocks of friends, families or discrete tourists enjoying the experience.
1000014540.jpg
1000014538.jpg

1000014532.jpg

1000014531.jpg

1000014530.jpg

After all that food and beer (you could also have red Rioja wine, but you could end seriously affected after three or four tapas🤣) we went slowly back to our parking spot, a huge non official, but kind of abided by the authority MH parking (as long as camping behaviour is not performed, which some people unfortunately seems to forget/ignore).
1000014548.jpg

I'm writing this as Mrs Peavy is in driving duties towards our base in Tarragona.
This is the end of this thread.
Thanks for following and we sincerely hope that you have liked it😀

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Day 13.
We moved to León.
One of those cities in Spain where you're going to have great tapas while wandering through the streets of the old town. Most popular parts in the old town are "el Húmedo" and "el Romántico", which are the districts where you'll find all these tapas places.
The most interesting spot in the town, though, is the majestic cathedral.
A shame we didn't take a picture of it as we were passing by, because we were hungry and thirsty and we've seen it before, when we visited the town last year.
Anyway, here's a picture taken from Wikipedia.
View attachment 970162
Mrs Peavy says this one and the one in Santiago de Compostela are her favourite cathedrals, and she's got her point.
Below are some of the fantastic options we had for lunch and luckily, we managed to take a picture before devour each plate. Patatas, morcilla, picadillo, cheese, jamón... When you order a drink, you are served a tapa, sometimes you are offered the possibility of choosing between two or three options.
View attachment 970157
View attachment 970158
View attachment 970159
View attachment 970160
Make sure you visit León if you are wandering around the north of the country.
I didn't mention the city has not one nor two but three municipal MH parkings, all well maintained and with services (except EHU), not the quieter place to sleep but what else could we ask for? It is free and does the job perfectly.
We'll be back.
We liked Leon.

Ven

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I’ve enjoyed your trip and your photos, thanks for sharing.

Can I be cheeky and ask is your last parking place suitable for a 7.4m van? Is it on Search for sites?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Thanks for letting us accompany you on your trip and for the photos.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
So, last two chapters of this thread are basically tapas and beer, sorry about that.

No need to apologise for two of our favourite subjects!

Great thread which has provided us with much to consider for next year, well done. (y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for taking the time to post, I’ve enjoyed following your trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back