Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Oh blimey you're mere youngsters 🤣. Sort of expected that as you're still working.

Looking forward to tomorrow's report 👍
One of the few good things about this kind of social media (the good kind) is that you get to make virtual friends with people based on what they write and how they react, not how they look (old, young, you can fill in the rest). I think it’s a real benefit to be weighed against the problems it can also bring.

Likes collected
Funster No
One of the few good things about this kind of social media (the good kind) is that you get to make virtual friends with people based on what they write and how they react, not how they look (old, young, you can fill in the rest). I think it’s a real benefit to be weighed against the problems it can also bring.
Couldn’t agree more, although for the record can I add I am very young and look good.

OP
OP
Peavy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Day 4.
As I said, a plan was scheduled for today.
We drove to Quinta do monte Travesso, a Cellar and vineyard in the the protected geographical origin of the Douro Wine*
1000014169.jpg

But, first things first.
On arriving there we had some pasta (industrial made) with home made (van made?) tomato sauce.
1000014145.jpg

1000014146.jpg

The place was stunning.
We had booked a classic wine tasting (25€ for two people).
We spent the night in their designated area for motorhomes (free of charge with EHU and toilet facilities, including shower, but we use always the van, so we didn't bother with none of that).
The wine tasting was great and included a tour in their facilities, where they explained the whole process in creating all the kinds of wine they produce.
1000014152.jpg

1000014148.jpg

We tasted white, rose, red and, as an extra, we had also the premium RESERVA red wine.
We also had bread with oil from their production, very nice oil.
Wine helped to make more fluid our English with the Canadian couple joining us in the taste.
Again, we had a quiet night, the place was just for the two of us and the experience was perfect🍷🍇
1000014141.jpg

We walked within the vineyards in the evening, enjoying a nice fresh temperature.
Absolutely recommended experience if you ever get around there.
You just need to book a tasting in their website.
A day to remember.

* I don't know an English translation for "Denominación de origen", maybe Martin jumar or Judith jumartoo or Barriesimpson would help with that?

Tomorrow Porto awaits.
Rainy Porto, it seems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
* I don't know an English translation for "Denominación de origen", maybe Martin jumar or Judith jumartoo or Barriesimpson would help with that?

Tomorrow Porto awaits.
Rainy Porto, it seems.
I would say 'Guarantee of Origin', however I don't believe such a thing exists in the wine business in England. I could well be wrong.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
How good is that. Fantastic place to visit, I will one day. I think the English version would be almost a revers, such as Protected Designated Origin meaning something that is protected by its location like I believe a Cornish Pasty may be or cheeses such as Wensleydale

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
That vineyard looks beautiful, such lovely autumnal colours.

I'm getting itchy feet to get back out on a trip, but we're trapped waiting for companies to deliver.

Enjoy Porto and I hope it doesn't rain too much.

(I haven't answered the question as I think it's already been answered correctly.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back