From E to W. Spaniards go to Portugal.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Prelude.
It seems, this year, Portugal is the place to be. So we are travelling to our beloved neighbour country.
We've been many times there, but never with the van.
As of tomorrow we'll be posting our journey from our base in the Mediterranean coast to the atlantic, and the journey through the Peninsula.
Vámonos. Let's go😀
1000013944.jpg

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Prelude.
It seems, this year, Portugal is the place to be. So we are travelling to our beloved neighbour country.
As of tomorrow we'll be posting our journey from our base in the Mediterranean coast to the atlantic, and the journey through the Peninsula.
Vámonos. Let's go😀
View attachment 963813

I'll be following your trip.

Have a good, safe, journey.

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Prelude.
Vámonos. Let's go😀
View attachment 963813
I hope the weather improves for you! We may cross paths along the way.

OP
OP
Peavy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Day 0.
After our working duties, and the last packing, we were ready to depart.
Fridge full with goods (and beer) and everything, up to 3.5T 😬
1000013971.jpg

We set off from Tarragona and drove to Albeta (beyond Zaragoza, where the big local fiesta is ongoing these days).
There's a fantastic MH area in the tiny Albeta. The rules of the place are strict.
1000013952.jpg

It says, among other things, "be respectful with the neighbours rest, silence between 22 and 9, respect that we are a small area with only 11 places, we don't want massification..."
Are we are changing, us Spaniards? or that's what we hope... because we two hate being noisy and avoid crowds.
Tomorrow we have a special plan, let's see how it goes...
1000013968.jpg

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Day 0.
After our working duties, and the last packing, we were ready to depart.
Fridge full with goods (and beer) and everything, up to 3.5T 😬
View attachment 964175
We set off from Tarragona and drove to Albeta (beyond Zaragoza, where the big local fiesta is ongoing these days).
There's a fantastic MH area in the tiny Albeta. The rules of the place are strict.
View attachment 964125
It says, among other things, "be respectful with the neighbours rest, silence between 22 and 9, respect that we are a small area with only 11 places, we don't want massification..."
Are we are changing, us Spaniards? or that's what we hope... because we two hate being noisy and avoid crowds.
Tomorrow we have a special plan, let's see how it goes...
View attachment 964173
Such a tidy fridge....keep your eye on the weather...quite unsettled in parts of Iberia...as we are back at our base in Murcia, we can live in some space around us...and do some motorhome jobs too...
Have a nice day, which we know is special for all our Spanish friends...🇪🇦🥳

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Enjoy the travels. I was interested to see what you had in your fridge 😜. Yes the Spanish are very different people to Brits in many ways, but nice 😜. We love today in Los Alcazares, where we lived. They call it Caldero Day locally re Colon & his travels and we were allowed to cook on the beach that day. It is rammed with people & organisations some cooking Caldero as Colon would have done. 😊 well worth experiencing the day there which I have not seen similar elsewhere

OP
OP
Peavy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Day 1.
We drove heading west and after stormy weather on the road we arrived at Pozal de Gallinas (weird name, don't ask) in Valladolid province.
1000014054.jpg

There is a music festival there, a Heavy Metal festival, to be more precise, where one of our favourite bands was playing there (a German band).
The place is in the middle of nowhere in Castilla y León (a vast land, as many of you may know), just 500 people living there. Since 18 years ago, they do this festival with some international names.
But first...
1000014055.jpg

After quesadillas for lunch, we headed to the sports pavilion to enjoy the night.
We parked in a random street in the tiny village, hoping we'll be fine to spend the night there, after the show...
1000014056.jpg

1000013995.jpg

....wrong, despite the peaceful and tolerant spirit from the attendance, there were some after-party goers lurking in the streets around, so we decided to move to the outskirts and we were fine, then.

OP
OP
Peavy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Day 2.
After the hangover, we depart towards western lands.
We drove to Mieza. Nice isolated place in the natural border with Portugal, which is the Duero river.
We arrived at the MH area and Mrs. Peavy cooked a nice plate of arroz con verdura (rice with vegetables) wich was spectacular:love:
1000014016.jpg

Mieza (200 people) doesn't have much, just a church, friendly people and a MH area. It's the end of the road, because there is the cliff that ends down in the river. Beautiful Natural Park. Quiet place. Perfect. We were alone and couldn't hear nothing but a donkey complaining in the distance.
1000014057.jpg

1000014059.jpg

1000014058.jpg

1000014082.jpg

The border with our neighbours is the oldest in Europe and the longest between two state members from the EU.
The river is natural border here, and the vultures watch it in the Mirador de la Cove (an spectacular viewpoint).
1000014083.jpg

1000014106.jpg

Never seen voltures flying so close before (griffon vultures).
Now we're ready to cross the border.

1000014106.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Interesting route, I’m guessing you have travelled it before Peavy. Every time I look at those type of church spires with bells I think the bells look like ladies in big dresses wearing a headdress. First noticed that up on the coast in Asturias but I guess I must have seen plenty before then, can’t stop seeing the relationship now 😜. I want to travel the Douro one day

OP
OP
Peavy
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Interesting route, I’m guessing you have travelled it before Peavy. Every time I look at those type of church spires with bells I think the bells look like ladies in big dresses wearing a headdress. First noticed that up on the coast in Asturias but I guess I must have seen plenty before then, can’t stop seeing the relationship now 😜. I want to travel the Douro one day
We have been in Portugal many times before, but never with the van and never entered the country through the Douro. Really surprising and and scenic route, driving within the vineyards.
Never thought about the bells in that way 🙂

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Day 2.
After the hangover, we depart towards western lands.
We drove to Mieza. Nice isolated place in the natural border with Portugal, which is the Duero river.
We arrived at the MH area and Mrs. Peavy cooked a nice plate of arroz con verdura (rice with vegetables) wich was spectacular:love:
View attachment 964938
Mieza (200 people) doesn't have much, just a church, friendly people and a MH area. It's the end of the road, because there is the cliff that ends down in the river. Beautiful Natural Park. Quiet place. Perfect. We were alone and couldn't hear nothing but a donkey complaining in the distance.
View attachment 964939
View attachment 964934
View attachment 964935
View attachment 964936
The border with our neighbours is the oldest in Europe and the longest between two state members from the EU.
The river is natural border here, and the vultures watch it in the Mirador de la Cove (an spectacular viewpoint).
View attachment 964928
View attachment 964942
Never seen voltures flying so close before (griffon vultures).
Now we're ready to cross the border.

View attachment 964937
Love that photo of the vultures!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back