Fridge now cools on 220 but not on GAS 🤯🤯 (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Hi

I wrote last week that I was having problems with my old 3 way fridge/freezer - Dometic 7655L

The fridge wouldn’t really cool while the freezer was a -19 degrees

I since removed the thermal paste behind the fins and now in the past 2 days the fridge while retaking I found that:
-On 220 the fridge can get to -2 degrees
-On gas it stays at 11.5 degrees

The gas light up ok and the flame looks nice and blue

It stays in with no problems but it juts doesn’t cool 😫😫😫

Any suggestions please ?

OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Have you brushed out the chimney ?
No it’s my first Motorhome (owned this for around 3 months now) so learning as I go.

i did see some videos on YouTube of people taking the burner part out to give it a good clean so was thinking of doing that. But wanted to ask some more advice before touching anything

So the chimney I guess is the pipe that it’s right above the burner correct ?

I pipe brush sort of thing wood do the job?

How do I go about doing it properly? Ie remove the burner and stick the brush up the pipe ?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
No it’s my first Motorhome (owned this for around 3 months now) so learning as I go.

i did see some videos on YouTube of people taking the burner part out to give it a good clean so was thinking of doing that. But wanted to ask some more advice before touching anything

How do I go about doing it properly? Ie remove the burner and stick the brush up the pipe ?

Thanks in advance
Plenty of good videos on YouTube. I haven’t done it myself but will probably do it when I get home from Spain.
Not brave enough to mess with it whilst away as it still works in a fashion

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The chimney has a baffle in it which may be missing (if the problem is not new) or has moved out of position, (you will need to remove it to clean the chimney), the baffle is clearly shown in the second section of the manual I have suggested that is in Resources.
Have you checked that the Temp. sensor on the cooling fins is in place ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

Thanks in advance

If you've got a flexible pipe brush and can get to the top of the flue,sometimes not the easiest as there can be a T piece on the top 😠 there may also be a spiral piece of metal hanging in the flue that can be lifted out,you can then get away with just covering the burner and do it from the top 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
The chimney has a baffle in it which may be missing (if the problem is not new) or has moved out of position, (you will need to remove it to clean the chimney), the baffle is clearly shown in the second section of the manual I have suggested that is in Resources.
Have you checked that the Temp. sensor on the cooling fins is in place ?
H

Sorry I want able to find the section with the manual 🥲🥲.

If possible could you sent a direct link please

Yes the temp sensor it’s in place (attached on the fins )

Thanks

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
ItaMotorhomer Sorry but I do not Know how to do links , but , if you find resources that is at the bottom of this page (under other stuff section) when you go to it you will find a Manuals for Motorhome stuff section and the manual that can be downloaded for your fridge can be found on page four (it has two sections if you follow it down , operation and installation}

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
ItaMotorhomer Sorry but I do not Know how to do links , but , if you find resources that is at the bottom of this page (under other stuff section) when you go to it you will find a Manuals for Motorhome stuff section and the manual that can be downloaded for your fridge can be found on page four (it has two sections if you follow it down , operation and installation}
Thanks for your very in detail reply 🙏

I’ve found the section now 😄

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back