Fridge not cooling (17.6*) freezer -2.1 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Hi

Out 3 way fridge is not cooling as it should

Fridge been on for over 24 hours and internal temperature 17.6 degrees

Freezer - 2.1 degrees

This when set on max

What could the cause be?

What should both (fridge & freezer) temperatures when set on max (colder)?

Thanks

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Sometimes the cooling fins need refixing, never done it so don't know other than have a search on here. Best of luck

Jan 9, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 803F
Exp
Since 2006
Dunno if it helps but I have twice had an issue with mine. Both times in hot weather.
On both occasions, it had been working fine then, for no apparent reason, it slowly stopped cooling. From memory, this took 2 or 3 days to become evident.
I sussed it out the 2nd time it happened. The van was not level enough.
I felt that it wasn’t too far off the level. I’m convinced that my previous van would have been fine, however, this van seems more sensitive to level.
Anyways it’s an easy enough thing to check for in the first instance. 👍

OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Which make and model is the fridge ?
See photos as I think it’s better then me trying to explain

IMG_7801.jpeg

IMG_7802.jpeg

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The photo shows it is a Dometic model RM7655L (dis-continued 2005) , If the fridge is near level (less than 3 degrees tilt) with both doors closed ok and the lack of cooling is the same when on either gas or EHU , as suggested , the thermal paste may need replacing , the fridge could also have a faulty temp. sensor or Power module.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
How long did you try it on 240 and how long on gas ?
How old is the fridge/motorhome presuming they are the same age
Had it all night on 240 and then petty much all day on gas. The freezer was around -2.5 and the fridge fluctuated between 15 & 17.5 degrees.

OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
The photo shows it is a Dometic model RM7655L (dis-continued 2005) , If the fridge is near level (less than 3 degrees tilt) with both doors closed ok and the lack of cooling is the same when on either gas or EHU , as suggested , the thermal paste may need replacing , the fridge could also have a faulty temp. sensor or Power module.
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I’ll get someone who knows what it’s doing to have a look at it and take it from there . What should TGE temperatures of both fridge & freezer be when working good?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
A couple of simple fixes. Of the 5 levels of temperature, use 3 not 5 as a rule.
As already said, thermal mastic is most likely the problem. Before slightly more drastic action try to tighten the 7+screws holding the fins on. Behind the fins is the frozen metal pipe feeding the freezer. It has a thin layer of thermal mastic that sends cold to the fridge. If this mastic breaks down or in any way does not make good contact with the fins you will not have a cold fridge. If you can tighten the screws a tiny bit, this should make better contact with the cold pipe.Otherwise undo the screws take of the fins slowly to pull them off the mastic. Clean everything and replace a very thin layer of mastic where the two surfaces touch and replace. Easier to do than talk about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back