Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I'm having a senior moment trying to fit some fridge fans. I've ordered a temperature control switch but can't figure out where the probe should be fitted. If it's near the top vent it will measure heat exchanger temp and switch the fans on whenever the fridge is working a bit hard but if placed towards the lower vent it will measure ambient temp. and switch on when the summer finally gets going. Which is the best location?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
This is the position that appears to be the sweet spot for my fan sensor against the condensor pipework in the top, and I have my fans switching on at 40c and switching off at 37c.

You only get a true reading of the condenser tube temperature if the sensor is touching the tube and fins, whereas if the sensor is mounted above the fins, then the air flow temperature is influenced by the ambient temperature of the air being drawn in through the bottom vent.

The position that the sensor is mounted along the condenser tube is important as you are looking for the transition point just before at which the refrigerant is changing from its vapour state back to a liquid.

1722500308282.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back