Fridge doesn't appear to be cooling on 12 volt (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Really?! How the heck did I not know that?!
Don't worry, It was a couple of years before I found that out. And I suspect a few others too. I mean it isn't obvious is it. The dial on the fridge just says 12V. It should follow that with "but only when the engine is running".....;)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I think you're right...I think this is beyond my skills
In our van, it sits directly above the cassette. Some wires to disconnected. Remove the two different coloured pipes. Undo the plastic nut one end which should reveal the screen.
Mike.

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Hi, have you been putting the pink rinse-aid in the water? I have found that this tends to clog the pipes and pump. I have stopped putting in the tank and just squirt some in as necessary direct into the bowl.
Just try squirting clean water through , it might clear, otherwise take pump out and give it a good clean-all should be well afterwards.
Cheers, Dave

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Hi, have you been putting the pink rinse-aid in the water? I have found that this tends to clog the pipes and pump. I have stopped putting in the tank and just squirt some in as necessary direct into the bowl.
Just try squirting clean water through , it might clear, otherwise take pump out and give it a good clean-all should be well afterwards.
Cheers, Dave
We don't have anywhere to put pink rinse aid because the water comes from the main tank

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We don't have anywhere to put pink rinse aid because the water comes from the main tank
That's where you're going wrong.
Stick the pink in the main tank and you can increase your payload by dumping the Fairy Liquid, soap, etc. (y) :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
We have an Arto and it has the best flush of 3 motorhomes that we have owned, I think from what you have said there is a partial blockage (those fish scale like things that you mentioned).

I would lay good money that the blockage is quite close to the flush point as the pipe will likely be a bigger bore leading up to the bathroom.

Are the other water outlets strong, the kitchen sink should be like mains water pressure.

B.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We were at Astbury in Cheshire. It was my son's 4th ever race. He came 17/29 on day 1 and 23/31 on day 2. It's such a tough sport!
Thatā€™s brilliant and yes itā€™s a very tough sport but a brilliant one. Take a look at the mxgp races in Europe. So easy to do in a motorhome and they are way better than the British one.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cheers, Dave
That's normally only British vans that have a separate flush tank. Continental vans tend to use the main water tank

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Has anyone said 12v will only maintain temp fridge is already at? So get it cold before leaving and then 12v will maintain that temp.
On my 1998 motorhome the 12v Feed from the engine running cools the fridge better than the gas does most of the time .. can actually make ice cubes while driving its fantastic

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
We have an Arto and it has the best flush of 3 motorhomes that we have owned, I think from what you have said there is a partial blockage (those fish scale like things that you mentioned).

I would lay good money that the blockage is quite close to the flush point as the pipe will likely be a bigger bore leading up to the bathroom.

Are the other water outlets strong, the kitchen sink should be like mains water pressure.

B.
The bathroom tap has good pressure..

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
OK for sure it is a local restriction in the small bore plumbing, those Thetford cassette toilets are quite easy to work on.

Get a look at the parts diagram and you will see where everything goes.
Mmm ....job for tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything I can try and flush through the system?

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Mmm ....job for tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything I can try and flush through the system?
Not really as the water is connected to the water for rest of van, donā€™t want to contaminate anything

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You could try Puraclean or one of the alternative solutions some of the guys talk about on here.
If you "Search" for Puraclean on here it brings up a number of threads.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back