LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I don't have a problem with anyone acquiring a French 6 month visa to spend 6 months in France. And even if they split that 6 months with 90 days elsewhere.

What I do find a tad naughty is the people who apply and acquire a French 6 month visa. Enter France, and as quick as possible drive to Spain for most of the next 6 months, (cos "there no border checks innit") before scooting back to leave via France before the 6 month expiry.

Now, it doesn't affect us as permanent Spanish residents, but I feel for the ones who, at great expense, have gone through all the correct channels to become a Spanish resident, mainly because they want to spend 6 months in one go.

Oct 23, 2022
Middlesbrough, UK
Funster No
MH
SwiftKontiki Gr Prix
Exp
Since 2002
Has anyone tried and been successful in applying for a French Visa. I have just spent some time on completing the French Visa application but became stuck on the last few questions. Where they ask the question where will you are staying.
Camp site/Hotel etc.

Very interested if you been successful and what did you put as accommodation.

Thanks Colyboy
I put Camp site /Aires and it passed

Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
I live in France full time and apart from the bureaucracy and unreliable businesses it is great. Nothing to do with the question, just wanted to bore you all. Enjoy your trips all and just get on with life. xx
We're just up the road from you in Fenouillet , small world

wp1234

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Has anyone tried and been successful in applying for a French Visa. I have just spent some time on completing the French Visa application but became stuck on the last few questions. Where they ask the question where will you are staying.
Camp site/Hotel etc.

Very interested if you been successful and what did you put as accommodation.

Thanks Colyboy
`Yes
You could do france on the 6 month visa and Spain for the 90 days.
You could as long as you come back to the UK before your 6 month French Visa ends and then go back for your 90 days .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back