Freeloaders not Welcome (28 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 7, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 600
I’m currently at the Grantown on Spey Caravan park in Scotland, as I walked into town I noticed an Autotrail parked on a side street (not on the caravan park) with stickers on all four sides - Freeloaders not Welcome here.
Sadly this town had lots of nice boutique shops and pubs when we were here last year and now half of them have shut. I wonder why?

IMG_3229.jpeg

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Wow!

Someone must be seriously cheesed off to go to the trouble of printing off a sheet of stickers?

Do you think they carry them round at all times just in case, or do you think they had to nip back home to get them :unsure: :LOL:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
That’s funny does make you think,
We put our village pub on Brit stops as a free stop over and the landlord told me about 70% of motorhomers would come into the bar and make an excuse that the wife was not well so will not be using the bar, after a couple of years the landlord got the hump and asked me to remove the listing ☹️
Now a new landlord has taken over and I have put it on S4S but with a £10 charge redeemable in the pub for food/drinks as yet no Motorhomes have stayed in the first 2 months.
Strange or coincidence? 🙂

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Presumably it was an overnight stay as parking up for the day to visit is not freeloading.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
That’s funny does make you think,
We put our village pub on Brit stops as a free stop over and the landlord told me about 70% of motorhomers would come into the bar and make an excuse that the wife was not well so will not be using the bar, after a couple of years the landlord got the hump and asked me to remove the listing ☹️
Now a new landlord has taken over and I have put it on S4S but with a £10 charge redeemable in the pub for food/drinks as yet no Motorhomes have stayed in the first 2 months.
Strange or coincidence? 🙂
We regularly use Pub Stops and always buy a meal. That, for us, is one of the pleasures of motorhoming, occasionally having a meal that we haven’t had to cook or wash up from afterwards.

If a Pub owner is good enough to provide the parking space they deserve some compensation, even if it is only the price of a couple of drinks.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Wow!

Someone must be seriously cheesed off to go to the trouble of printing off a sheet of stickers?

Do you think they carry them round at all times just in case, or do you think they had to nip back home to get them :unsure: :LOL:
Or a sad arse with nowt better to do..

I'd stay there and put one under it saying sad arse stay home.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
There are two types of people in every walk of life including motorhome owners. 'Takers' and 'Givers'. Unfortunately, it does seem in many areas of society, the takers outnumber the givers. Ultimately, the Givers will get fed up and stop giving, so the takers will have no-one to 'use'.

AS said, even of you don't want a meal, a drink and a tip should be enough to keep any landlord happy. It's a bit like a couple of free 'family' events I run at the village hall with a bucket for donations to help cover the costs. Some people will put notes in, others loose change, some nothing at all. I don't watch, and try not to judge as I know some families are really struggling, but I suspect they may be the ones who put something in. Don't get it myself, but it takes all sorts to make the word go round, and I am determined not to make it a ticketed event as the kids from the struggling families need it much more than the wealthier ones who are always 'treating' their children. I could never refuse access to a child because the parents cannot (or even refuse!} to afford it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back