Free mobile France (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’m thinking of get a Free sim when we travel to France next week and would like to know if anyone has bought one from somewhere in northern France , tunnel towards Abbyville area.
Cheers

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Was there any issues Manic buying it and did they want a French address, bank account etc to start contract. I believe once you have it you can start and stop it at will online and pay with U.K. cards?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
They just asked to see your passport and recorded the number I think.
They can be paused and restarted later but I didn't bother, I just used mine for the month I was there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
you can buy it yourself using one of their vending machines, just enter any address ..... makes sure you get the card validated by the staff before you leave and you may need to change the APN on your router which is easy enough

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Was there any issues Manic buying it and did they want a French address, bank account etc to start contract. I believe once you have it you can start and stop it at will online and pay with U.K. cards?
I bought a Reglo sim in the end from E’Leclerc 170gb for 13.50€ ,working very well.
I showed driving license and gave address of Aire I had just left.
I set it up in my phone and took a screen shot of apn settings and then transferred that to my Huawei router.
I had to got to another E’Leclerc because it would not work on internet but found out with their assistance that I had to enter my bank card details.

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
I bought a Reglo sim in the end from E’Leclerc 170gb for 13.50€ ,working very well.
I showed driving license and gave address of Aire I had just left.
I set it up in my phone and took a screen shot of apn settings and then transferred that to my Huawei router.
I had to got to another E’Leclerc because it would not work on internet but found out with their assistance that I had to enter my bank card details.
I have used reglo mobile for the last 10+ years always found them the best value for money, the only negative is that they use the SFR network, which doesn't have quite as good coverage as the Orange network used by Free,

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have used reglo mobile for the last 10+ years always found them the best value for money, the only negative is that they use the SFR network, which doesn't have quite as good coverage as the Orange network used by Free,
Agree, I went reglo in the end because they had more options on GB’s , we’re Free only seemed to have one.
So far I’ve been pleased travelling down the eastern side of France.

Dec 22, 2018
Tasmania, Australia (northern summer in Europe)
Funster No
MH
Hymer Classic B584
Exp
Since 2019
I have a Hello IQ 100Gb sim (£20 for 100Gb) which works fine in France, but when I was sick I watched TV all day and went through 30Gb in one day, so just to be sure of enough data I got a Free sim today at a Free kiosk which was in a Free shop in a Hypermarket in Laval (one of the blokes there spoke very good English). The kiosk's are only in French.

There's an initial €10 for the sim. I got the 300Gb on 5G for €20 (35Gb outside France). There's also a 140Gb 4G for €10.

Needs a French address (I used one of some friends). No mention of it being a residence, or the sales attendant wasn't fussed. No ID other than name and birth date. You can go on a no contract, month by month deal or just get a single month and renew that 3 days before the month runs out (that's what he said) in order not to have to repeat the purchase the following month with a fresh sim.

Interaction via a web site once log in ID is setup. Shows usage and (according to the sales bloke) will have an option to pay for following months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
It must have changed because the cards I was buying last year only lasted one month and you had to pay another 10€ for a new SIM ....
I still thought it was good value though ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back