Frankia 2002 with Shureflow pump can't fill freshwater tank (1 Viewer)

Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Hi there guys
Nice to meet you all. 🎅😘

I can't seem to fill my freshwater tank. It's not getting past 25% on the panel water guage. I've manually checked the tank and it is low. It's got 2 prongs rather than a float. I filled the tank today using the hoselock connector on the spool under the flap. There was bo water coming beck out the waste pipe (which was open).
Now the pump is on all the time hunting for water. I've switched it off on the panel.
Sorry if I've missed something obvious. Any ideas?

Ralphey

OP
OP
Ralphey
Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Here's the set up

IMG_20231229_193615.jpg

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
The probes are notoriously un reliable but as you have checked manually it sounds like there is a hole in your tank or the fill pipe is not correctly attached. Not sure what you mean by “on the spool under the flap.” can you post a pic of that? Water will only come out your waste pipe if you send it down a sink or shower. Could your boiler dump be open? May be “hunting“ as it’s permanently pumping out the dump. Any water flowing out below the van or big leaks inside? could the water tank dump be open?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ralphey
Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Hi thanks for that.

I'll check the boiler dump valve tomorrow as it does seem a bit slack and doesn't actually click on and off and it's been clothes pegged up by the previous owner. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

There has been a small leak inside the van from around the back of the truma somewhere but only dribbles.

Ralphey

OP
OP
Ralphey
Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
The probes are notoriously un reliable but as you have checked manually it sounds like there is a hole in your tank or the fill pipe is not correctly attached. Not sure what you mean by “on the spool under the flap.” can you post a pic of that? Water will only come out your waste pipe if you send it down a sink or shower. Could your boiler dump be open? May be “hunting“ as it’s permanently pumping out the dump. Any water flowing out below the van or big leaks inside? could the water tank dump be open?
Hi thanks for that.

I'll check the boiler dump valve tomorrow as it does seem a bit slack and doesn't actually click on and off and it's been clothes pegged up by the previous owner. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

There has been a small leak inside the van from around the back of the truma somewhere but only dribbles.

Ralphey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralphey
Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Cush I think I've solved it.

I followed things logically back from the fresh water tank. Kink in the Hoselock spool fitted to the van fitted filler connection (which was dry), which meant instead of taking 15 minutes to fill it took over 30 mins with a slow flow. Tap not great pressure so probably blowing it back out the connector.

I'll get a new hose and reel or try and cut the bad section off.. I'm thinking those cassette reels damage and bend the hose over time. Lesson learnt 😭😳🤔🤞🥳🍺

gracias

IMG_20231230_113557.jpg

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
Glad you sorted. Never seen a set up like that.

Quite ingenious, although if water is sat in a non food grade hose for too long then it may not be the best for you, but I’m sure it’s easy enough to flush and some don’t use their tank for drinking.

I’m of the school that like to keep my steps up by walking to and from the tap with a large collapsable bucket combined with a downspout end that acts as a funnel. (or get a top up when driving past a tap).

enjoy your tinkering,
Cush

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back