France, Spain and Portugal (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Put it into via Michelin it will tell you but likely 3 to 400 euro
Is that the toll cost ? Instinctively think [i.e. no evidence] the cost of roundabouts , gear changes , traffic etc on non toll roads will be quite considerable

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Is that the toll cost ? Instinctively think [i.e. no evidence] the cost of roundabouts , gear changes , traffic etc on non toll roads will be quite considerable
Yes much more wear and tear on engine gearbox etc as well as your patience, plus more time and that's the trade off

Sep 24, 2013
swansea
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
Could I ask how much it cost for your tolls. Peter
Peanuts in Spain as we went through very few even though we used good roads. From my rough costings I think there and back to UK we paid about £325. The most expensive one was from Bordeaux to the border at Irun, but alternative roads would just be too long for us. Sounds a lot but you can get that back by using free aires and the ACSI card. Happy to help with anything else if I can.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Travelling to Spain and Portugal we tried the ferry to Santander. It is more expensive but quicker. However, after adding ferry or tunnel charges, fuel, tolls, time and effort. The excellent Brittany ferry came out a winner for us. It also added to our relaxing holiday time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
The most expensive one was from Bordeaux to the border at Irun, but alternative roads would just be too long for us.
You can nip on and off the autoroute to save a fair bit. Used the A63 from near the Arcachon to Bayonne for free. Have the Satnav to avoid tolls and it directs me on and off to miss the peages

OP
OP
P
Jan 14, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido 924F
Exp
Peanuts in Spain as we went through very few even though we used good roads. From my rough costings I think there and back to UK we paid about £325. The most expensive one was from Bordeaux to the border at Irun, but alternative roads would just be too long for us. Sounds a lot but you can get that back by using free aires and the ACSI card. Happy to help with anything else if I can.
Thank you so much

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back