France Road blocks (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
You did perfectly well! I do encourage anyone to correct me, and Jim gave his permission for that so you are not at risk for any possible trip to Coventry! :dance2: :gum: when you do so. I probably stopped reading properly after no apologies... It does happen even in French!! Sowwy :giggle: !!
For the state care, I did think it might be the other way round. Google doesn't give any details. But not being sure , this is why I then gave my point of view (hoping they would carry on their supervision, to make sure everyone would get the meaning of that"state supervision"for me ). So now my question: what would you say when the State gives you protection and care, for you and your child? Here for example state has forbidden the childminder to talk to Mathis and family or be in their area.
Thanks for all indeed!!!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
The irony of their actions being the generous funding grants they get enable them to leave the land and go on these regular jollies!
They do get plenty of subsidies, but the Europewide protests are about rather more than that. For example

F Kerry 2.jpg

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
bobnick Sorry indeed, if I got it wrong. Let's say that at least it gave me the opportunity to say a few things on the matter.
I should have known, as I've never felt anything bad from any of your previous comments whatever the subject was. So, please, don't let me make such mistakes , just tell me what you meant if this happens again. Language is already something difficult within a group of people speaking the same one. Also I'm often in a hurry and it might make me understand differently which is all my fault!
Hope you can excuse me on this one.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
bobnick Sorry indeed, if I got it wrong. Let's say that at least it gave me the opportunity to say a few things on the matter.
I should have known, as I've never felt anything bad from any of your previous comments whatever the subject was. So, please, don't let me make such mistakes , just tell me what you meant if this happens again. Language is already something difficult within a group of people speaking the same one. Also I'm often in a hurry and it might make me understand differently which is all my fault!
Hope you can excuse me on this one.
Absolutely no problem. (y) All good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Only a few blocked roads left. We should all manage. Hopefully I'll have less time to drive next week-end when going to Rambouillet. Driving on friday one way and sunday back home. If you see a grey Kangoo with a GB next to the plate, it's me!!! I'll have more time to spend with my loving daughter, SIL and grand son Mathis (For those who have followed his tragical misadventure, he is fine. Very clever little boy, his eyes are nearly sorted. He has completly recovered: physical and mental states that is. State supervision will soon be lifted. I would have prefered it to stay a tad longer, in case he develops some later problems, to make sure state will carry on looking after his medical needs)
Really good to read that little Mathis is doing well.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
yodeli you were right. I did not know about the exclusion of a person (that's the problem with forum's when you make a comment without knowing all of the context).
Here it would be the child protection agency.
Unfortunately we read in the papers from time to time how totally useless they are.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
yodeli if the childminder is prevented from speaking to or approaching the family it could be a ‘restraining order’. I need to reread your posts to re-familiarise myself with what happened. I’m glad he is on the mend.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
yodeli you were right. I did not know about the exclusion of a person (that's the problem with forum's when you make a comment without knowing all of the context).
Here it would be the child protection agency.
Unfortunately we read in the papers from time to time how totally useless they are.
I don't think it is the same service here. We do have the equivalent of what you name "Child Protection Agency" Which is here PMI Protection Maternelle et Infantile. Childminders like me are under their supervising.When I say State may be I should have said France , or Governement. It is the same when a child doesn't have his parents anymore "Ward of the Nation" France becomes the one who takes all decisions up to the 18th birthday. Mathis, even having both parents, is a victim of a childminder. So France is responsible of all the medical assistance and help to the parents , such as giving them a place in a creche even if there is no more, as they always keep 2 or 3 for emergency cases, and that until they decide that all is sorted for the child. I think it's really great. Of course we would have prefered that Mathis never got shaken... but you can't change past so there!

Sorry for the thread diversion!!

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
So pleased to read that Mathis is recovering Frankie. There is a special place in hell reserved for people like that child minder. Truly wicked to hurt any child. But when you are supposed to be responsible for their care and safety, even worse.
I am sure you will anyway, but please give him an extra kiss and cuddle from his Motorhomefun family

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Lovely to hear that Mathis is recovering Frankie.

Hope you have a lovely weekend with him and your daughter and SIL.

We’re heading over on Monday - perfect timing for once!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Lovely to hear that Mathis is recovering Frankie.

Hope you have a lovely weekend with him and your daughter and SIL.

We’re heading over on Monday - perfect timing for once!
Whenever you decide to stop at my place.... You're welcome!
People who want to come and visit , only a few months to do so as I might stop all my activities mid-may for the best, or end of July... or ... the worst for me: end of december. I'll try to keep the house for 3 months to have some time to move all my things to a garage or a box , but then will be only in Max!

EDIT : And of course to go back to the roads being blocked.... If any prob on your way give a shout on here, and you'll have a free stopover!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back