Ford warranty on new vehicle (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F62
I thought I’d share our experience in case it can help anyone.

We got a new Ford based van last month, registered in May.

I checked the warranty via the Ford Pass app. It told me the warranty expired in March 27.

I contacted Ford who asked to look at the registration document. It then took them a couple of weeks to change it to May 27.

I’m not sure whether it does, or will make any difference in reality, but we feel more comfortable about it now.

Maybe worth a check if you’re in a similar position.

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Thanks, just checked ours and a similar problem, registered in March this year, warranty expires Dec 26. Time to contact Ford !

Are you using the Pro version of the app ? Having found that the Pro version is free I started using it and found there is a trivial recall for drivers door trim that does not appear in the non-Pro version of the app.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
You may want to check any recovery or assistance cover aswell

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
You may want to check any recovery or assistance cover aswell

Yes, I have kept up my paid for breakdown cover rather than rely on the AA after previously reading about the limits imposed by the AA.

OP
OP
peps dad
Jun 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F62
Thanks, just checked ours and a similar problem, registered in March this year, warranty expires Dec 26. Time to contact Ford !

Are you using the Pro version of the app ? Having found that the Pro version is free I started using it and found there is a trivial recall for drivers door trim that does not appear in the non-Pro version of the app.
Hi, odd how the apps are different. I think they are in the process of updating them. I’ve just checked the Pro version and no recalls on there for me thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peps dad
Jun 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F62
Yes, I have kept up my paid for breakdown cover rather than rely on the AA after previously reading about the limits imposed by the AA.
I’m in similar position in that I have breakdown cover with insurance at the moment but will keep this in mind on renewal. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back