Ford Servicing in Lancashire

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro665
Just wondered if anyone can recommend a Ford dealer for servicing and vehicle warranty work in Lancashire, as close to Preston as possible?

The local transit dealership, Evans Halshaw, has informed me that they no longer accept motorhomes for any jobs due to a lack of space. It didn’t surprise me as I was dreading having to try and park the MH there when I struggled to find a space to park the car when I called in recently.

Thanks.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
We have used the Ford place at Walton Summit but mainly use Motorparks Preston for service/MOT of our campervan. They now do their own MOT’s as well. Parking difficult at Walton Summit. No problem at place on the docks.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
I made the mistake of taking new motorhome in there for advice when I first got it - won’t be going there again !

One I plan to use is Motorsave in Swinton who are Ford authorised and can do warranty work. Not been there yet but phoned them with a query and found them very helpful.

Know of a couple of good garages but not Ford dealers - Holmes in Lostock Hall near Todd’s and Harts in Chorley.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Which did you have problems with? I had a bad experience a couple of times with a particular person in Motorparks but had such a bad experience parking at Walton Summit went back there and last time was fine.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Wasn’t impressed with Evans Halshaw at the supposed Transit Centre in Preston. Went n for clarification on some of the switches and how things worked. Sales wouldn’t help and sent me to service who did their best but when I asked if going into Park (it is an auto MH) would put the parking brake on I was told “it can do”. Since found it doesn’t unlike my car which does. While there they told me they don’t do motorhomes any more as they don’t have room for them. For those that haven’t visited, they do have a huge car park all round the building but cars occupy 99% of the spaces.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Interested in this thread as I will need an MOT and oil and filter service very beginning of April, 2025 on my Hobby T500. I had planned to try and use my trusted local garage that I have used for over 20 years (Whitecroft Garage, Bolton) but they are not sure my 6 metre van will fit on their MOT ramps so an exploratory visit end of March is/was on the agenda.

Motorsave in Swinton sounds interesting to me. Their website is clearly aimed at MoHos and I can take the train home on the Southport/Wigan line if they have the van for the day or work online from the MacDonalds on the corner for an hour or two if they can give me a time window for the service.

If anyone has personal experience of them I would be pleased to hear of it.

My only concern is that they Ford agents rather than an indy garage which I would prefer.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back