For those of you that have the Twusch (Ceramic liner) in your Thetford Loo... (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
I was sceptical about this frankly when I first saw a thread here last year, didn't see the point to be honest but looking through the forum a lot seem to extol their virtues. One thing that does make me a bit tempted (only a bit) is that I say somewhere that it claims to use less water? This of course means less emptying of the cassette.

So for you twusch users? have you noticed this or not?

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
On the basis its much easier to clean Yes , cant speak for others we use the shower to rinse the bowl so uses less water to clean because the jets for the toilet are poor and dont clean all the bowl.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021

Can’t comment on the Twusch but these are a cheaper alternative.

I don't see the point in that at all I have to say, that's just another thing to add into the cassette along with your number 1 and 2 and loo roll, plus half will be sticking out of the hole so then you need to poke it into the cassette before shutting it.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
What a load of mullarkey!
If tempted to use the loo for a No.2, and the fear of the bowl getting stained or streaked with said deposits there may be a simple solution in surface tension dynamics.
After thoroughly cleaning the toilet at the end of the season, why not then spray the inside bowl with a good quality silicone spray to make the bowl walls super slippy.
Even the most hardened Klingons will have trouble adhering to the bowl walls, and if any should, I would think a quick wipe in the bowl with a wet wipe, or even just toilet paper would suffice to bring the bowl back to match fitness.
A further quick squirt with silicone spray could even be applied to further enhance the slippery disposal technique.
You are in effect creating a ' ceramic' type bowl lining with a very smooth and slippy surface.
Happy to help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
What a load of mullarkey!
If tempted to use the loo for a No.2, and the fear of the bowl getting stained or streaked with said deposits there may be a simple solution in surface tension dynamics.
After thoroughly cleaning the toilet at the end of the season, why not then spray the inside bowl with a good quality silicone spray to make the bowl walls super slippy.
Even the most hardened Klingons will have trouble adhering to the bowl walls, and if any should, I would think a quick wipe in the bowl with a wet wipe, or even just toilet paper would suffice to bring the bowl back to match fitness.
A further quick squirt with silicone spray could even be applied to further enhance the slippery disposal technique.
You are in effect creating a ' ceramic' type bowl lining with a very smooth and slippy surface.
Happy to help.
So, you didn't actually read my post at all then?

I only want to know if anyone that actually has one fitted, if they think they use less water, that's all. I know how to keep it clean, I know how to flush, I even know how to sort the klingons. I want to know if anyones noticed they use less water..

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
So, you didn't actually read my post at all then?

I only want to know if anyone that actually has one fitted, if they think they use less water, that's all. I know how to keep it clean, I know how to flush, I even know how to sort the klingons. I want to know if anyones noticed they use less water..
Yes I did read your thread, and quickly moved on.
I was replying purely to the you tube palava with the shaped bin bags.
Have no idea about the water use or whether it will mean less emptying.
It's not really an area I would micro-manage.
We just use it, fill it, and empty it.
Daily if needed, but usually every other day.
Any more than that and I can't carry it. It's too heavy.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Twusch

Only supplied in the UK Via Amazon and works out €235

You can get them here in Spain for €130 or less

€136 less 15% off first order

so around €116 plus delivery

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 08.57.29.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I was sceptical about this frankly when I first saw a thread here last year, didn't see the point to be honest but looking through the forum a lot seem to extol their virtues. One thing that does make me a bit tempted (only a bit) is that I say somewhere that it claims to use less water? This of course means less emptying of the cassette.

So for you twusch users? have you noticed this or not?

I cannot comment directly on Twusch use, but I can offer some help on saving water.

Before use of toilet for No. 2s I give the flush button a very quick jab, to wet the bowl to avoid clinging and reduce need to flush, which I do with shower head(more power for same water) and brush in hand to reduce water use.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back