For MacOS .. Tip: How To Use Any Website Like an App (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Neat way of keep MotorhomeFun, or any other frequently used website in the dock,
it works like an app without the browser.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 18.17.32.png

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
My complaint is that when you do that with MHF, you can open multiple tabs from the What’s New. You have to read one thread, then return to What’s New, and pick another thread. Makes it very painful if you’ve read past the first page of new threads.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My complaint is that when you do that with MHF, you can open multiple tabs from the What’s New. You have to read one thread, then return to What’s New, and pick another thread. Makes it very painful if you’ve read past the first page of new threads.

When browsing normally you wouldn’t open a new tab for each thread you would use the browser back button. In the App you are not in a browser so have no back button. However we built one in to our PWA.

So don’t open new tabs, look for the blue back arrow that appears just at the right time and click that instead 👍

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
I do open a new tab actually, I like to pick out all the threads I want to read on the first page of What’s new, and then move on to the second page. Fewer clicks - averaging closer to one per thread than two. But I’ll look for that back arrow if I try that way again.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I do open a new tab actually, I like to pick out all the threads I want to read on the first page of What’s new, and then move on to the second page. Fewer clicks - averaging closer to one per thread than two. But I’ll look for that back arrow if I try that way again.
I think Jim was thinking of the phone app when he posted.. there is no blue arrow on the app for the MacBook

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just to clarify .. this tip is of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro .. . ... ..not phones

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
The back arrow is only on the phone app , I think Jim was thinking of the phone app when he posted

I just followed the instructions, but could not find the blue arrow, so began to think that perhaps Jim was referring to the phone app.

Thanks for the initial heads up and info on this, it is a feature I knew nothing about!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back