Folding ebike. Not seen before (1 Viewer)

Mar 7, 2018
Swindon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria izola 5687sp
Exp
since 2018
Very Very similar to one I bought a couple of years ago from UK supplier
Brilliant company with unbelievable aftersale service and they carry all spares so no problems if you want disc pads or even wheel nuts. Can reccomend them 150% so have a look and see if you can find the combination that suits you.
I have a Brompton and converted it to electric using a switch kit, battery fits on front handle bar and just clips on /off so can be charged inside had it about 3 years now and it’s excellent

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
AS Winchcombe
Exp
Not so new now
We have had a pair of Bromptons for years on the boat and electrified them with the Swytch front hub drive and they are very handy to take on short trips away in the van without needing a rear carrier. However for longer more serious cycling we have a pair of these https://adfnjoxprq.cloudimg.io/v7/_...ossbar-image1_1024x1024.jpg?force_format=webp

They have been just superb one cross bar and one step through. Big battery and Bosch central hub. Big comfy tyres too.
And not too pricey.....
We did the same and have recently upgraded to the new compact batteries. The have been excellent.

Aug 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We were passing a bike shop yesterday but it was closed and our eye was taken by a bike in the window.
We returned today and it was open (meung Sur Loire) and picked up some literature on it, had a good look and impressed by a 250 w battery hidden in the stem of the saddle and the different methods of how making it really quite small.
It looks really good and well made and dependant upon the wheel size for travelling far it looks ideal in solving possible options for PVC owners keeping bikes inside the van.
Only my view but worthy of mentioning.

I also thought the price was good at 1800 to 2100 euros (1550 pounds to 1800 pounds today)View attachment 879531View attachment 879532
I bought two Estarli 16" wheeled folding electric bikes ( very similar to the French ones ). As i didn't want anything stored on the outside of the MH . Also, I was governed by the locker size we have. Several issues quickly became apparent, the bikes were a lot heavier and more awkward to fold and get in and out of the lockers i very hard to do without scratching the bikes, . The major problem however was whilst they were fine on hard flat surfaces they were unusable on any rough, soft uneven surfaces. Ours had gears from 1 to 5 . You had to go right up to 5 before going back to 1. so if you were on a hill on soft ground the gears were unable to assist in stopping and starting. If i bought one now id get one with bigger wheels and a throttle-type control which i think would be much more responsive and controllable So much so that I sold them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
We have two Eovolt Evening bikes. We changed the MoHo to one with a garage but it didn't have enough height to fit in our existing 29" wheel e bikes. Among the reasons for a vehicle change was to get away from hanging heavy E bikes on the back of the MoHo. I am yet to get a straight answer off a MoHo dealer as to what load you can put on the back wall of the vehicle. Having said that the previous supplier happily fitted a 60Kg capacity bike rack.
We took the bikes on a 6 week jaunt to Europe last year and have clocked up over 350 miles on them including towing a little pooch in a small Trixi trailer.
We considered 20" folding bikes but never felt the smaller wheels had the same feel and stability as full size wheels. The 24" wheels with slightly fatter tyres seem to be a good compromise. Our pervious bikes had crank mounted Bosch motors, very good, the Eovolt has hub motors and deliver the power in a different way, I would describe it as the more effort you put into pedalling the more assistance you get.
The other factors that drove our purchase apart from wheel size were the folding handlebars and the ability to remove the batteries, they are in the seat post, or lower the saddle to make a low profile bike to store. Build quality, finish etc. are all good and the weight is good for e bikes. We did a huge amount of research to arrive at our buying decision, yes you can buy cheaper, heavier, faster bikes from China but not one like these.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We have two Eovolt Evening bikes. We changed the MoHo to one with a garage but it didn't have enough height to fit in our existing 29" wheel e bikes. Among the reasons for a vehicle change was to get away from hanging heavy E bikes on the back of the MoHo. I am yet to get a straight answer off a MoHo dealer as to what load you can put on the back wall of the vehicle. Having said that the previous supplier happily fitted a 60Kg capacity bike rack.
We took the bikes on a 6 week jaunt to Europe last year and have clocked up over 350 miles on them including towing a little pooch in a small Trixi trailer.
We considered 20" folding bikes but never felt the smaller wheels had the same feel and stability as full size wheels. The 24" wheels with slightly fatter tyres seem to be a good compromise. Our pervious bikes had crank mounted Bosch motors, very good, the Eovolt has hub motors and deliver the power in a different way, I would describe it as the more effort you put into pedalling the more assistance you get.
The other factors that drove our purchase apart from wheel size were the folding handlebars and the ability to remove the batteries, they are in the seat post, or lower the saddle to make a low profile bike to store. Build quality, finish etc. are all good and the weight is good for e bikes. We did a huge amount of research to arrive at our buying decision, yes you can buy cheaper, heavier, faster bikes from China but not one like these.
Thank you for that.
My words about the quality and adaptability of these bikes which caught our attention being confirmed with first hand experience.
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back