Fitting a remote connection box for tv. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have a Carthago C Tourer.
Unlike our previous ELine the tv is a slide out not a pull up. We were told when we bought the vehicle that the tv worked off a separate control box. When we couldn’t find it they sent us photos of what it looked like and where it would be fitted.
Long story short we don’t have one and the dealer is not interested .
The only way to connect anything to the Alphatronics is to take the tv completely off its bracket by unscrewing the screws on the back, then plug in whatever (fire stick, hdmi) then try to slide the tv back into its cupboard, which is only wide enough to take the tv side on.
Would there be such a thing as an after fit box of any kind.
Thanks

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
A firestick can be attached using a longer HDMI lead if that helps? Not sure what max length is though ....

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Lots of recent Carthago vans have Alpahtronics Tv,s that are split, the screen is just a monitor connected by a umbilical cord to the control / tuner unit. They now bury those boxes behind panels and are a bugger to get to. You need to confirm if your TV....
Works at all on Freeview.
Has any HDMI or aerial connections visible on the screen unit.
If it is just a monitor it won't do anything without the control box so your dealer will need to sort that out.
If it is indeed a "full fat TV" with connections then you can add HDMI, aerial, sat and headphone extension cables so you will only need to remove it from its bracket once to connect all of those.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Lots of recent Carthago vans have Alpahtronics Tv,s that are split, the screen is just a monitor connected by a umbilical cord to the control / tuner unit. They now bury those boxes behind panels and are a bugger to get to. You need to confirm if your TV....
Works at all on Freeview.
Has any HDMI or aerial connections visible on the screen unit.
If it is just a monitor it won't do anything without the control box so your dealer will need to sort that out.
If it is indeed a "full fat TV" with connections then you can add HDMI, aerial, sat and headphone extension cables so you will only need to remove it from its bracket once to connect all of those.
Thanks, it’s a “full fat”the problem then is getting the tv to go back and forward in the cupboard once cables are connected.
Our dealer has washed his hands of it, even though he told us that it was a monitor and box. He has now forgotten what he sold us.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks, it’s a “full fat”the problem then is getting the tv to go back and forward in the cupboard once cables are connected.
Our dealer has washed his hands of it, even though he told us that it was a monitor and box. He has now forgotten what he sold us.
You can get right angle HDMI and aerial connections to make life easier. Normally running the cables across the bottom will be less thick / deep than the frame of the TV. I would be tempted to park in a very inconsiderate spot on the dealership forecourt until they remember what they told you and offer a solution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I pulled our TV out and plugged in a fly lead to usb, audio out and two hdmi ports so they pop out the side of the bay the TV sits in and I don't ever have to access the back again.
Not sure if that helps?

This might also help?

Screenshot_20240725-112846.png

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I pulled our TV out and plugged in a fly lead to usb, audio out and two hdmi ports so they pop out the side of the bay the TV sits in and I don't ever have to access the back again.
Not sure if that helps?

This might also help?

View attachment 927807
Thank you, that looks promising, I don’t quite understand it, but I will find someone who can.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
You can get right angle HDMI and aerial connections to make life easier. Normally running the cables across the bottom will be less thick / deep than the frame of the TV. I would be tempted to park in a very inconsiderate spot on the dealership forecourt until they remember what they told you and offer a solution.
Unfortunately the tv is the least of our problems

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Unfortunately the tv is the least of our problems
We have had a 149 LE c-tourer for the last 5.5 years and have got to know it quite well in most parts. Lots of others on here are pretty wise so maybe worth sharing and you may well get assistance. Dealers are very mixed.... and that is me being kind.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Sounds like you need to put your concerns in writing and start threatening legal action.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
We have a Carthago C Tourer.
Unlike our previous ELine the tv is a slide out not a pull up. We were told when we bought the vehicle that the tv worked off a separate control box. When we couldn’t find it they sent us photos of what it looked like and where it would be fitted.
Long story short we don’t have one and the dealer is not interested .
The only way to connect anything to the Alphatronics is to take the tv completely off its bracket by unscrewing the screws on the back, then plug in whatever (fire stick, hdmi) then try to slide the tv back into its cupboard, which is only wide enough to take the tv side on.
Would there be such a thing as an after fit box of any kind.
Thanks
I had the same issue with my Alphatronics in my Cathago. I managed to find a place to Velcro the firestick to the TV and used an angled HDMI plug to clear the bracket. Power to the firestick is supplied by a cable to the USB port on the TV.

To add any other TV box would require a long HDMI lead plus somewhere to stash the box. As I only have the 24” TV there is a blanking panel above the TV with maybe enough space to hide a box. That said a Firestick covers all bases for us.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Sounds like you need to put your concerns in writing and start threatening legal action.
Been there, done that. Surprisingly they have not received some of our emails!!, although the people we copied them to have received theirs. It is work in progress at the moment. Although we have been asked not to bother (not in those words) the salesman anymore, we are to deal with the service department.
We have not been using the MH whilst waiting for an outcome, but bubbles to that,we are going away soon, and we will carry on trying to get things sorted when we come back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back