'First timer in a Hymer' in Fife, Scotland (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
Thanks Manic....I'll have a gander for a similar access.
Nothing like that in my E510...I have however, found two plates in the spare wheel locker under the shower in about the right place.(I will need a gynecologist who can work through a letterbox to work on anything behind them though)

OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
Welcome, we look forward to your contributions, a source of Hymer parts online is Brownhills, they also respond to emails and will normally request your VIN number to ensure you get the correct parts. You appear to be a free member at the moment in which case you only get 5 posts before you become read only, subs are only £20/year and worth it just for the discounts available from some suppliers as well access to subscriber only sections.
Done!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Everything is fixable - at a cost and with time.

Our second van was a Hymer and she was solid and quality. 24 years on and I still wish we had kept her, stripped her back and rebuilt.

OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
This may be useful.

Cheers Chris!

OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
Everything is fixable - at a cost and with time.

Our second van was a Hymer and she was solid and quality. 24 years on and I still wish we had kept her, stripped her back and rebuilt.
Hi puddleduck. This one has got good bones and is worth the effort.....just like people,they don't make 'em like they used to!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't yet own one
Exp
Hello all.
We have returned to UK after leaving the Royal Navy (32 years in the engineering branch) and living in Brittany France.We decided to look for an old 90's Hymer and work on any issues,looking to a long deployment to the continent next spring/ summer.The van ('97 E510) had leaking shower and kitchen ,duff micro switch kitchen and shower taps ,leaky windscreen,broken RH rear view mirror(and still has these issues........)
It also has-Separate shower,a low end Solar, air ride, gas-lo system,new cambelt and 43k miles!.....so we bought it.
I will be hacking my way through these issues and will let you know how I get on,lessons learned,tips etc.I will of course be a regular here.I will probably need help!!
Good luck, enjoy!

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Yes that's where mine is. There is a slightly lower part to the tank and both it and the pump fit in it which obviously aids drainage.Glad you found it.
Cheers mate....I couldn't see it because the pump was sat on it! Take a gold star in your jotter!!!!!
Now need a second elbow to get the bu99er back in....................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Manic...will look today....unfortunately bigger problems have reared their ugly head.
1..Water honking out from the manual dump valve cover/inspection plate on the grey waste tank whenever I open ANY tap.Valve itself appears to be functioning fine and not passing water.Water seems to be coming from between the insulated outer wall and the tank itself.Large round inspection cover opened to reveal another large round lid(this has to be removed to access tank for cleaning ...it wont budge BTW)Strongly suspect detached drains from Bathroom and kitchen.Anybody know of access points from below..??.if not it may be tank off and/or shower room strip out.
2. Weeping water manifold air vents under the sink unit
3.Where on earth is the fresh water drain on an E510? it seems to be a state secret.No info in handbook or 'T'internet'.other Hymers are not the same system.

Good first week eh!!
At least the fridge works.......for now
There are a couple of FB groups that are Hymer specific such as Hymer Owners Group and Classic Hymer Technical......they have been a great help to me with technical stuff.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Welcome to Fun...enjoy your free time after such a honorable 32 years service...
Buying a Hymer was a great move ..ours is just 18 years old...being hands on with the general maintenance is a must...never a day goes by where I haven't needed to sort something...all part of owning a vehicle and travelling...🙄🇪🇦👍

OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
There are a couple of FB groups that are Hymer specific such as Hymer Owners Group and Classic Hymer Technical......they have been a great help to me with technical stuff.
Thanks...will bear that in mind
Welcome to Fun...enjoy your free time after such a honorable 32 years service...
Buying a Hymer was a great move ..ours is just 18 years old...being hands on with the general maintenance is a must...never a day goes by where I haven't needed to sort something...all part of owning a vehicle and travelling...🙄🇪🇦👍
Thanks for your kind encouraging words(y):giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back