Finding the phone number for a new 3 data SIM (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
I have an Avtex AMR994X 4g wifi unit, and am trying to register a new 3 payg data sim. Issue is I need to find the phone number for the sim (which does not appear to be printed on the sim or packaging).

Going into the Avtex advanced menu, Cellular settings I can see values for the IMEI, IMSI and plenty of other information... and a blank next to the'Phone Number'

I have tried 3 online chat (useless - they kept giving me the number for my main phone), and I cannot put the sim in my phone because the Avtex needs a full size sim while my phone needs nano size. I have also tried resetting the Avtex and even waiting a day and trying again.

And without the phone number, I cannot register the SIM with 3 and cannot put any credit on it.

Has anyone hit and solved this conundrum?

Thank you.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Weird that the number is not present on any packaging, it should be. Are you able to txt your mobile phone from within the router app? Appreciate you are trying to add credit but it might let you have one txt.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I cannot put the sim in my phone because the Avtex needs a full size sim while my phone needs nano size.
Pretty much every SIM card these days is multi-size....just carefully snap out the nano SIM part, put it in your phone to get the number. And then put the nano part back in the full size SIM and put it in your TV.

I often switch one of our SIMs between the mifi (full size) and a backup phone (nano).

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
I have 4 spare SMARTY SIMS if you (anyone) want(s) one, assuming you are not near North London/Herts, just pay postage. Then set up a data package without autorenew and away you go ;-)

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Should be on the credit card sized plastic in which the SIM came and which you broke the SIM out of.

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
Put it in a phone and dial
star, hash, 100, hash.

Graydo

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I may not have the correct details, but here goes....

1. Put the new sim into the wifi unit and switch it on.

2. With a tablet or phone, in settings search wifi for your wifi unit and connect.

3 When connected, in your browser search bar type...
http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.8.1 and this should take you to your settings.

4. Have a mooch around in there and you might find the number on the sim?

I think Minxy may have some idea on this?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I may not have the correct details, but here goes....

1. Put the new sim into the wifi unit and switch it on.

2. With a tablet or phone, in settings search wifi for your wifi unit and connect.

3 When connected, in your browser search bar type...
http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.8.1 and this should take you to your settings.

4. Have a mooch around in there and you might find the number on the sim?

I think Minxy may have some idea on this?
I'm sure I suggested that on another thread recently šŸ¤” ... or are we the same person meaning I've got a split personality! šŸ˜„

You're pretty spot on however it might be possible to send a text from the control panel to a phone to get the number that way. It's a long time since I've had a data only sim so I can't be more precise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
I had terrible problems with 3G, customer service was terrible, had to ring them 5 times to get them to tell me the phone number and on top of all that it was truly rubbish at getting data. Best I EVER achieved was 11Mbps, I need at least 15Mbps for my TV. Gave up, got a refund, got an IQ mobile data sim instead. OUTSTANDING! We are on Il de Re in France ATM, watched England v Slovenia last night no issues. The worst Up load speed Iā€™ve had was 87Mbps, normally around 120Mbps. Again I say OUTSTANDING! And customer service is with a guy (normally Fraser) in the UK, even when phoning from France to figure out router settings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back