Finally bought one😎 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
confused... Van in Post 1 is different to the van in post 12 but they both seem to be described as the OPs "new van"?

or is van in #12 just photos of a random van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dutch 68
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Very posh and very spacious. How much solar is that?
Not as much as yours I think but this has Efoy generator, automatically kicks in I believe, also Alde wet heating, a seperate diesel heating system with timer and thermostat, and heat exchange system too, big underslung LPG, so I don’t think we will be cold😆😆😆oh and habitation aircon😎

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dutch 68
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
confused... Van in Post 1 is different to the van in post 12 but they both seem to be described as the OPs "new van"?

or is van in #12 just photos of a random van?
Read the post lol, the vario is a random van I have seen on my travels👍

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not as much as yours I think but this has Efoy generator, automatically kicks in I believe, also Alde wet heating, a seperate diesel heating system with timer and heat exchange system too, big underslung LPG, so I don’t think we will be cold😆😆😆oh and habitation aircon😎
Sounds a very good set-up, what year of van is that then?

OP
OP
Dutch 68
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Not as much as yours I think but this has Efoy generator, automatically kicks in I believe, also Alde wet heating, a seperate diesel heating system with timer and heat exchange system too, big underslung LPG, so I don’t think we will be cold😆😆😆oh and habitation aircon😎
EAF198A8-4F92-4A98-BBC4-E3A3EDC33945.png

OP
OP
Dutch 68
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Good stuff , will have a lot more grunt than this big slug then
Truck based MH is very different in many ways, it has 850nm of torque I believe by very low rpm, so in combination with the Allison torque converter auto box I expect it to go up hills no problem at all👍

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Truck based MH is very different in many ways, it has 850nm of torque I believe by very low rpm, so in combination with the Allison torque converter auto box I expect it to go up hills no problem at all👍
Aye . I think if the vario doesn't work out that would be my next move . Fed up with fragile vans with crap power , crap payload and crap ground clearance. But then it comes down to budget too I guess .

OP
OP
Dutch 68
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Aye . I think if the vario doesn't work out that would be my next move . Fed up with fragile vans with crap power , crap payload and crap ground clearance. But then it comes down to budget too I guess .
Well they are around, but you need to be lucky, but it would suit your lifestyle really well a clou liner, truck based stuff is in general so much tougher, I have driven class1 units with 1.5 million on the clock, on their original engine and gearbox, I like Merc vario, but as a living space it’s so cramped compared to a big MH, but you know that, plus if you have a dodgy knee like me, a vario clutch is very heavy, auto box rules if it is a good one, everyone does his own thing but if I was in your shoes I would sell both yours and buy a truck based MH instead👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well they are around, but you need to be lucky, but it would suit your lifestyle really well a clou liner, truck based stuff is in general so much tougher, I have driven class1 units with 1.5 million on the clock, on their original engine and gearbox, I like Merc vario, but as a living space it’s so cramped compared to a big MH, but you know that, plus if you have a dodgy knee like me, a vario clutch is very heavy, auto box rules if it is a good one, everyone does his own thing but if I was in your shoes I would sell both yours and buy a truck based MH instead👍
Aye possibly. But I do like the versatility of the vario . Bigger than a sprinter ducato etc but on a truck chassis and not as wide as a motorhome. IF I can make it work I think that's my plan for now. Folk live in smaller vans it's just getting used to not carrying all this crap around with me .

Had importing from Germany still been easy and cheap I'd have gone down that route but choice is limited in the UK and I'm limited to 7.5t

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back