Finally.... Bought a MOHO. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
searching for one to
We have paid a deposit on a Burstner Lyseo T734 Harmony. 2019 island bed, 2 solar and 2 batteries. Cat 1 alarm. 2 berth.
Insurance with Comfort £332. We will need to get a tracker fitted. What sort of price is everyone else paying? Cheapest weve seen is £179 and £180 per year subscription 5 years for about £450.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As a precaution, on collection do a real good check on the floor for any soft or spongy areas.. Also ask if there has been and issues with the floor.
Seen a lot of posts online ref an issue they had, hopefully yours will be a good one (y) Dont want to cause any panic but best to be aware of common issues..

"Models produced between about 2015 and 2019 had the floor laminated with an environmentally friendly 'green' glue.
Unfortunately. it was green but totally useless."
Burstner did some under warranty and some they gave a contribution to.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We have paid a deposit on a Burstner Lyseo T734 Harmony. 2019 island bed, 2 solar and 2 batteries. Cat 1 alarm. 2 berth.
Insurance with Comfort £332. We will need to get a tracker fitted. What sort of price is everyone else paying? Cheapest weve seen is £179 and £180 per year subscription 5 years for about £450.
Personally, I'd cancel the dealer fitted Cat 1 alarm ASAP.

You need a matching alarm, tracker and immobiliser.
In my opinion one is worthless without the other two.
And they need to be compatible with each other, fitted by the same company on the same day.
(Our van was fitted with a Dealers tracker which we have never activated, no alarm, no immobiliser)

I'd suggest you do what we did.
Which was to drive the vehicle from the dealers forecourt in the north of England direct to VanBitz in Taunton
(who conveniently are sited next door to a campsite here)

There, in a single day, we had a proper motorhome specific alam fitted, plus an immobiliser, plus a tracker as a package,
so a single app can switch off/on all the bits as needed.
The package came with 3 years membership as part of the deal.

Van Bitz also fitted a solar panel (to ensure said alarm does not drain the battery)
and a battery master (to balance the solar input between the batteries, so they are all kept topped up all the time).

You van is liable to arrive without any gas bottles
(The Dealer can sell you a pair....., but I'd leave empty)
VanBitz also fitted a refillable GasLow system so that we can travel outside the UK for longer than the two weeks
(capacity of a Calor gas bottle, as Calor is not available outside the UK)

Dealers have a habit of adding extras from which they take a percentage.
I would always be inclined, no matter how good the dealer is, to have all the extras fitted by an external company as you will get a better product, fitted by an expert for a lower cost.

It also means you can spend the first few weeks getting to know the van as you move around the country getting stuff fitted
(Alarm/Tracker/Immobiliser, GasLow, Awning, Towbar, fitted sheets, GPS unit, TV, WiFi, internal racking, BBQ points, outdoor furniture, etc etc etc )

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Another vote for getting vanbitz to sort out the alarm and immobiliser AND you get a discount if you're a paid up Funster and mention it when booking for the work to be done, before you pay anything !!

OP
OP
F
May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
searching for one to
We are buying privately and I did a damp check. It has 2 gaslow bottles fitted, 2 solar panels, ( dont know the amperage yet) 2 hab batteries and battery master for vehicle batteries and cab battery.
I take what has been said about the alarm, and may well book in at vanbitz for alarm, imobiliser and tracker.
It is fully winterised and has exterior gas, shower and aerial connection. Garage is waterproofed. All in it is a fabulous looker. Also has reverse camera, satnav in dash, bulldog wheel lock, steering lock and swivel seats lock backwards to stop thieves driving off.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
There are other highly rated alarm companies out there. Phantom (moving intelligence) to name one who have special motorhome alarms & trackers fitted throughout the U.K. Cobra another. Many members have both of these. Enjoy

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I had Cobra alarm fitted & Vodaphone tracker.
Nothing wrong with either of them, but that is two separate apps (and a third app if you had an immobiliser.)

One of the advantages of VanBitz is it's one app for alarm/immobiliser/tracker
(You can pick and choose what to activate or not)
It means if something goes wrong it's their problem, not blaming 'the other lot' for mucking up the installation.

It's designed for motorhomes from the outset rather than a car conversion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Nothing wrong with either of them, but that is two separate apps (and a third app if you had an immobiliser.)

It means if something goes wrong it's their problem, not blaming 'the other lot' for mucking up the installation.

So is the phantom. All on one app.

Well at least mine is

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Go to VanBitz get a Strikeback fitted.
We had, we thought, an alarm on our van with internal sensors.
Lowlife got in, pinched iPads, Kindles etc, alarm just sat there…nothing!

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Nothing wrong with two apps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back