Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I want to add a list of Fiat Professional Service Centres to our Review Section, but the Fiat website is awful. Does anyone have a simple list or can point me to one? Cheers

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
The one in Glasgow has moved and has a different phone number to what is on the Fiat website. 🥴

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The one in Glasgow has moved and has a different phone number to what is on the Fiat website. 🥴
I'll be using them on Monday, not a major job for them so should all go smoothly, so will do a review afterwards.

Assuming you mean Motus Commercial in Govan?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I'll be using them on Monday, not a major job for them so should all go smoothly, so will do a review afterwards.

Assuming you mean Motus Commercial in Govan?
Yes
It’s now at
79 Hardgate road
0141 4453917

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2013
Haven't got a list, but in Plymouth it is Vospers on Valley Road.

Dealership Contact Details​

Servicing: 01752 272282

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
At risk of asking a perhaps obvious/stupid question, how does the service offered to motorhomers differ between a 'Fiat Professional' centre and a 'Fiat' dealer?

Yes, I get that Fiat Professional is focused on commercial vehicles, but my local Fiat dealer (selling mostly cars) - Huttons, Weston-super-Mare - looks after my van and regularly has a car park full of motorhomes for service. They seem able to tackle service, warranty work and repairs without issue. Would I expect something different from a Fiat Professional centre?

We have a number of motorhome dealers in the vicinity, so I guess they get plenty of business from them - Highbridge Caravans; Davan Caravans and West Country Motorhomes are all close by.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
At risk of asking a perhaps obvious/stupid question, how does the service offered to motorhomers differ between a 'Fiat Professional' centre and a 'Fiat' dealer?

I know a couple of dealers who are also Fiat Professional Service Agents, Camper UK and Travelworld. There are probably more.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I know a couple of dealers who are also Fiat Professional Service Agents, Camper UK and Travelworld. There are probably more.
Chelston Motorhomes at Wellington, Somerset are Fiat Professional. Having moved home I now use Adams Morey at Portsmouth who have been excellent so far.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Also the Fiat one is not up to date they still list service centres that stopped doing Fiat 2 years ago.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
Why bother??

We travelled from Norfolk to Birmingham last week, en route to Wales. Stopped over to visit friends. Next morning, check engine light came on and vehicle had no power going up hill.

Went to 2 FIAT garages, one said 'we can't help, we only do cars', second one (FIAT professional) couldn't have been less bothered. Wouldn't even do a diagnosis to see if it was serious or not. Suggested we ring FIAT Assist or our breakdown service.

A little independent, less than 100m from the FIAT professional place helped us out. Diagnosed DPF issue, tried to clear the fault which didn't work, then assurrred us that we could go to our meet up in Wales and then get back to Norfolk. We were very relieved. They wouldn't even accept payment. Now that is Customer Service. We are totally disallusioned with FIAT.

Rant over.

Now booked in to a local independent to get the issue sorted.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp

Yes, I get that Fiat Professional is focused on commercial vehicles, but my local Fiat dealer (selling mostly cars) - Huttons, Weston-super-Mare - looks after my van and regularly has a car park full of motorhomes for service. They seem able to tackle service, warranty work and repairs without issue. Would I expect something different from a Fiat Professional centre?

We have a number of motorhome dealers in the vicinity, so I guess they get plenty of business from them - Highbridge Caravans; Davan Caravans and West Country Motorhomes are all close by.
Fiat dealer near me said I'm too big for their ramps

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Fiat dealer near me said I'm too big for their ramps
Yes, guess all Fiat (car) dealers are perhaps not the same. And we are just fortunate that our local one is geared up for MHs. :unsure:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years

Premium Motorhomes Bawtry are FPS agents

Upvote 0

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO 64L
Exp
Since 2012
Thats the one, I need to be there for 8:30 so early rise on Monday.
Hi lorger ,How did you get on at the motus garage in govan? I need the egr on my van sorted and was looking for a suitable garage to do it.
Cheers Cris

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi lorger ,How did you get on at the motus garage in govan? I need the egr on my van sorted and was looking for a suitable garage to do it.
Cheers Cris

They were really good and although it took them longer than it should’ve to sort the problem, 13 hours in total at £100ph. Thankfully they only charged me for 3 hours as they were embarrassed it took so long.

However I would highly recommend Logan Vehicle services ahead of them, he’s a mobile guy from Lanarkshire and fully trained Fiat master technician. He comes to you and is very professional, he carried out a full 2 year service on my Fiat in June and very happy with his work.
IMG_2059.png

Upvote 0

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO 64L
Exp
Since 2012
Hi thanks for that ,I called motus ,first appointment 28 Nov ,all garages are busy hopefully I will be heading for Spain beginning of Dec if all is sorted. I will give Logan a call and see what he says.
Cheers Cris 🍻

Upvote 0

Mick and Ruth

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
Had to contact Fiat Assist re extended warranty last week as dreaded Air Bag Sensor light came on, these are the ones I was referred to and recognised for the work to be done near me (Nantwich Cheshire) and got in for this Monday 28/10

Stoneacre Stoke Cobridge Road Cobridge Road, Stoke-On-Trent ST1 5LG · 01782 649174

Sherwood Truck And Van Stoke Etruria Old Road, Stoke-On-Trent ST1 5PE · 01782 214490

Erwin Hymer Centre Travelworld Valley Drive, Stafford ST16 1NZ · 01785 878787

I requested a quote from the top one for water pump/cam belt/ service and MOT out of interest .............£1800 :LOL:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
Had to contact Fiat Assist re extended warranty last week as dreaded Air Bag Sensor light came on, these are the ones I was referred to and recognised for the work to be done near me (Nantwich Cheshire) and got in for this Monday 28/10

Stoneacre Stoke Cobridge Road Cobridge Road, Stoke-On-Trent ST1 5LG · 01782 649174

Sherwood Truck And Van Stoke Etruria Old Road, Stoke-On-Trent ST1 5PE · 01782 214490

Erwin Hymer Centre Travelworld Valley Drive, Stafford ST16 1NZ · 01785 878787

I requested a quote from the top one for water pump/cam belt/ service and MOT out of interest .............£1800 :LOL:
Hi Mick, I'm close to you & would recommend, 'Simon Young' for your Cam Belt & Water Pump he's close to you just off Nantwich Bye Pass, He diagnosed my problem with Engine Dying earlier this yr I used to deliver to him when I had my part time job at 'Smith's Autoparts' shall be taking our Burstner to him. Be interested to see how much he Quotes.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back