Fiat part on back order? (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SLT
Hi, my engine management light came on while in France this year on my 2.3 ducato 2019 motorhome - took it back to Fiat professional garage who tried a software update- lasted 10 miles and came on again! Code was P053C which is “ positive crankcase ventilation heater control circuit high” on my second visit I was told I need to replace the PCV “blowback valve” part number 5802052418 cost £115 but on back order Fiat garage have no idea when they will have the part weeks? Months? They told me ok to drive ? Does anyone know what the issue is or where I can get this part? See pic below , it sits on top of engine.

IMG_2393.jpeg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi, my engine management light came on while in France this year on my 2.3 ducato 2019 motorhome - took it back to Fiat professional garage who tried a software update- lasted 10 miles and came on again! Code was P053C which is “ positive crankcase ventilation heater control circuit high” on my second visit I was told I need to replace the PCV “blowback valve” part number 5802052418 cost £115 but on back order Fiat garage have no idea when they will have the part weeks? Months? They told me ok to drive ? Does anyone know what the issue is or where I can get this part? See pic below , it sits on top of engine.

View attachment 818529
Can you just disconnect it?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

View attachment 818529

If you just Google that part number there are loads available 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bengbong
May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SLT
Hi thanks for answers - if you disconnect the engine management light stays in also.
I tried googling too but if you notice in the pic you attached they are out of stock - maybe a second hand one on eBay but don’t think that would be wise. I am just a bit shocked the dealer can’t supply parts and if it doesn’t do any damage to engine, as I was told in the dealership, why fit them

OP
OP
Bengbong
May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SLT
Oh and my motorhome has only done 12000 miles!

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Fiat spares are something else. Every time we need some original Fiat part, it's always "anything from two weeks to two months" if the needed part is not in the country. They just don't know. Many parts can be ordered from Citroen/Peugeot dealers quickly, but when it comes to Fiat specific parts (mainly things relating to the 2.3 engine as PSA doesn't use it) then they can naturally not help.

OP
OP
Bengbong
May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SLT
Coastal motorhome are showing it “not in stock” but I will try phoning them. Peugeot Citroen garages ? I will try them also🤔

OP
OP
Bengbong
May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SLT
Finally got a phone call from Fiat saying my part is in so booked in for 11th December hopefully end of the engine management light for a while anyway😐

OP
OP
Bengbong
May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SLT
So finally have my van back with engine light out now that oil return temp sensor / blowback return valve heater? Whatever you choose to call it. Cost me £271 at one point I was quoted £406 but got it for the original price quoted when part ordered.
have the old part so will be doing a bit of investigating to see what failed - if I get time(y)

May 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Ive had the same problem with different garages and "back order" delays. I reckon a lot of the time the garage has suppliers they have contracts with and don't like to deviate due to tax and/or parts warranties. Ive a part on order at the moment with my usual garage, still waiting 3 weeks later. Ordered same part from Coastal Motorhomes yesterday, its due tomorrow. Only a cheap part but if garage don't want to fit it I'll do it myself or I'll have it as a spare.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back