Fiat fault P1581-15 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi, I’ve had the fault P1581-15 for the 2nd time now and cleared it off on multiecuscan, I’ve read a few posts about disconnecting etc and a diagram of the location but I can’t find it there on mine, it’s a 2018 x290 twin EGR RHD manual Hymer, also it has software version 0024 which I believe is way out of date, how important is it to get this updated and are dealers happy to just do an update only?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Version 24 is overdue for update a Friat Pro dealer should update it without quible but BUT (a big but)

Error code P1581 for a Ducato may indicate a problem with the "Oil Vapour Heater" or "Blow-by Heater". This is a small resistive electrical heater situated in one of the breather hoses. They sometimes go short circuit. This heater is only needed in very cold climates, to prevent ice crystals forming inside the breather system.
the -15 = Short to B+
the heater O007 is in a rubber hose (about 30 mm diameter) on the right hand side of the engine, above the gearbox
This Data is for X250 assuming same for x290
X250 2287cc Oil Vapour Heater O007.jpg

OP
OP
Dickyb
Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Version 24 is overdue for update a Friat Pro dealer should update it without quible but BUT (a big but)

Error code P1581 for a Ducato may indicate a problem with the "Oil Vapour Heater" or "Blow-by Heater". This is a small resistive electrical heater situated in one of the breather hoses. They sometimes go short circuit. This heater is only needed in very cold climates, to prevent ice crystals forming inside the breather system.
the -15 = Short to B+
the heater O007 is in a rubber hose (about 30 mm diameter) on the right hand side of the engine, above the gearbox
This Data is for X250 assuming same for x290
View attachment 919142
Thanks so much for the reply, I’ll have another look tomorrow, it seems there’s no uk stocks of the part as only fitted to Motorhomes as they can go anywhere in the world whereas vans are built country specific ? I follow your posts on here and the fiat forum and use liquid moly and milners, the exhaust is always clean 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
if you want a health check, go to doctors. for van once this sensor is sorted do a live data run with MES , using my template 4, warm engine then do a 20 min blast up an empty motorway and post the csv file or pm me.
Interesting that the P1581 is manufacture specific but 2 manufacturers relate to throttle body and another throtle actuator.

OP
OP
Dickyb
Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
That’s coincidental I had a P2299-62 the same time but assumed it could have been my wide fitting size 12’s, MES points to vapour heater putting the warning light on but but last time I had it it was accelerator brake coherence that put the light on not the vapour heater

1720123744831.png

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
That’s coincidental I had a P2299-62 the same time but assumed it could have been my wide fitting size 12’s, MES points to vapour heater putting the warning light on but but last time I had it it was accelerator brake coherence that put the light on not the vapour heater
I read thread s where its not "been my wide fitting size 12’s" but a sensor thats gon awol. error codes are not gospel. Cant remember where or even when.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back