Fiat Ducato Factory fitted alarm… (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
We are expecting our first campervan in July 2024. This will be our first so we’re new!
Hi all,

We have a PVC based on a new (2024) Ducato with a factory fitted alarm.

When I set the alarm, the indicators flash and it beeps twice. It also beeps when I disarm it.

Anyone know if it’s possible to disable the beep so that it only flashes the indicators as it’s potentially a bit annoying for others if I set / disarm it late at night.

Thanks, Ian

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
But they only close it once when it gets chilly or going to bed.
Why do the whoosh bangers have to open & close it 10 times between midnight & 2am?
After two years I haven't yet found the exact amount of force I have to use between it not closing properly and destroying the inner panel, so...
sometimmes it takes 3 or four woosh bangs before it's propperly closed😏

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Mine has a Aftermarket (Gemini) alarm fitted (2021) and you can programme it to beep or not to beep. I have opted to have it on. Interestingly it sounds like it is the same as the factory fit -1 beep to lock - 2 to unlock.

So what happens to the factory alarm when an aftermarket is fitted?

This is normally controlled by programming the factory siren for the country of operation , in the UK the requirement is for no audible feedback on locking/unlocking . Sounds like a dealer job or someone with the correct software.
Are you saying that UK cars are not allowed by law to beep? Really?

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
My Ducato had a cobra 3195, it chirps when locking/unlocking. There is a speaker in the engine bay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
Mine has a Aftermarket (Gemini) alarm fitted (2021) and you can programme it to beep or not to beep. I have opted to have it on. Interestingly it sounds like it is the same as the factory fit -1 beep to lock - 2 to unlock.

So what happens to the factory alarm when an aftermarket is fitted?

Are you saying that UK cars are not allowed by law to beep? Really?
Yes , regulation introduced by the EU some years ago , the user manual for programming my Sigma system states..."Arm/Disarm Tones (*000) For installation in all EU countries this feature is turned off at default to comply with European legislation. In non EU countries this feature can be turned on to provide an audible indication that the security system has armed (with a 3 second tone) or disarmed (with a 1 second tone) " . In addition, when replacing a factory fitted siren on fairly recent European vehicles, coding the unit for UK use always mutes the audible set/unset feature as well as setting the siren activation time to local regulations.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
You can’t disable it, we had a Vanbitz alarm fitted a few days after we picked up our new van on the 1st August. We hadn’t even noticed the beeps we were so daft. We even phoned Ash at Vanbitz about them! He said the only people who might be able to stop them would be the Fiat Professional people. We are keeping them.

The sequence is different to the online manual but fortunately yorkiebar reassured us that it was the same as his.

I love our sliding door. I like to slam it at least 5 times before checking its shut especially if there are people with yappy dogs nearby.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Our Scorpion alarm gives one short chirp on arming and two short chips on disarming. If there is no chirp on arming then I know one of the doors is not shut properly and will not be locked. Very useful. Chirps are unobtrusive.

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Beeps should only occur when something is “different” IE a fault detected or deleting a sensor temporarily

Also, it would be worth checking that the Fiat factory fitted alarm is Thatcham approved

It’s too late after your van is nicked and the underwriters refuse to pay for a “non compliant system”

Remember ALL panel vans are designed primarily as delivery vans or work vans so the level of security does nor reflect the value once a converter has finished with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
We are expecting our first campervan in July 2024. This will be our first so we’re new!
Beeps should only occur when something is “different” IE a fault detected or deleting a sensor temporarily

Also, it would be worth checking that the Fiat factory fitted alarm is Thatcham approved

It’s too late after your van is nicked and the underwriters refuse to pay for a “non compliant system”

Remember ALL panel vans are designed primarily as delivery vans or work vans so they level of security does nor reflect the value once a converter has finished with it.
Thanks eddie

That’s my experience with my Vanbitz alarm which I had fitted a couple of weeks ago.

My original question was about the Fiat alarm which works fine alongside the Vanbitz alarm but wasn’t something I wanted to ‘rely’ on. Just a shame I can’t turn off its beeps 🙁

The Vanbitz service was superb and having a Growler alarm definitely gives us more piece of mind but I guess everyone on here knows that already!

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Yes , regulation introduced by the EU some years ago , the user manual for programming my Sigma system states..."Arm/Disarm Tones (*000) For installation in all EU countries this feature is turned off at default to comply with European legislation. In non EU countries this feature can be turned on to provide an audible indication that the security system has armed (with a 3 second tone) or disarmed (with a 1 second tone) " . In addition, when replacing a factory fitted siren on fairly recent European vehicles, coding the unit for UK use always mutes the audible set/unset feature as well as setting the siren activation time to local regulations.
Thank goodness for brexit! ;)

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
"I love our sliding door. I like to slam it at least 5 times before checking its shut especially if there are people with yappy dogs nearby."

Let us know where your going nxt ....will make sure we're no where near you 'Whooosh Banging ' 😤😡

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
"I love our sliding door. I like to slam it at least 5 times before checking its shut especially if there are people with yappy dogs nearby."

Let us know where your going nxt ....will make sure we're no where near you 'Whooosh Banging ' 😤😡
If you have a horrible yappy dog then that will suit me just fine. Especially if you’re one of those owners who thinks I want your dog to visit my van then that’s perfect. If however you’re a considerate Funster whose dog behaves then I can behave as well.

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

I love dogs

I hate tiny yappy things so I'm with the Doctor!

Who?

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
If you have a horrible yappy dog then that will suit me just fine. Especially if you’re one of those owners who thinks I want your dog to visit my van then that’s perfect. If however you’re a considerate Funster whose dog behaves then I can behave as well.
No only me & the Wife & I Don't think she would be too pleased to be called Yappy , we like a Quiet life, Enjoy your Door 😆😆😆

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back