Fiat Ducato Airbag ECU fault. (9 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Like many others, I recently fell victim to this all too common problem after the battery on my 2013 Fiat Ducato based Autotrail motorhome went flat with a persistent warning light. New vehicle and leisure batteries fitted and an OEM replacement ECU purchased which I had fitted at Airbag Team in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. I would like to commend Airbag Team to other members as the service I received was excellent. I arrived at the appointed time and was attended to immediately on arrival, greeted in a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner and waited in the waiting area whilst the ECU was replaced. I was offered a hot drink whilst I waited in a clean and comfortable waiting area and the work was completed within 45 minutes of my arrival with everything replaced and left tidy as it was on arrival. One curious detail which seems rather strange is that I started the motorhome up and took it off my drive, parking it outside the house on the road before departing for Airbag Team 40 minutes later. The airbag warning light was on when I first started the engine to put the motorhome out on the road as it had consistently been since fault first occurred. Sod's law prevailed and on later start up to set off for my appointment with Airbag Team the warning light went out and the mileometer stopped flashing!!! I wonder if this has happened to anyone else in that the ECU warning light appeared to resolve itself. However, I still felt the need for caution and peace of mind so went ahead with the replacement of the ECU with later dated (2021) unit which I hope will prevent the problem recurring in the future.

• HeartHug
Reactions: f6c

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
24 Years
Had our Air Bag ECU replaced Last Friday 2019 Luckily Keswick Fiat Garage got a new ECU fitted all sorted. £496.72 Ouch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back