Fiat Ducato Air con (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 19, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria V65SL Abarth
Just be aware, FIAT CUSTOMER Support isn't great

well here goes a super rant, so my van has never had cold air con if at all so I decided to get it looked at, using the fiat professional place closest to me as it was in for its two year old service earlier this year. so the other day I had it booked in and they rang to say it needed a new pipe this has 3000 miles on the clock and 4 months out of warranty, they wanted £768 to replace it and regas it so I said no problem.
I called fiat customer support to ask of some help as this isn't really acceptable on such a new vehicle and they set up a case and emailed me over the request info like v5 and service history etc, I went and collected the van this morning all done and they gave me the old pipe that looks fine as I wanted to show fiat the issue. uploaded all the info and within 25 min they said sorry we can't help with compensation as you have already paid the bill ???? what is that supposed to mean ?? I called and they said I hadn't follow their process but they never at any point told me no to pay the bill, I called the dealer and they said we wouldn't release the vehicle without payment and its needs to be out and paid asap due to the size, never heard anything so mad, I have escalated it to someone higher up so we will see, I only want to be helped with the payment as I feel it never worked but now its amazing.

OP
OP
sfrain145
May 19, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria V65SL Abarth
And I nearly forgot, the guys that did the work did a great job but £500 labour to change an air con pipe seems pretty steep, and there pipe at trade is about £40, out of interest if anyone knows do they check the functionality of air con during a service as. mine was serviced at the dealer a few months ago?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back