Fiat Ducato 3 litre engine . What do people think of it (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Hi.
looking to change our motorhome and one we’ve found , which we really like , has a 3 litre Fiat engine with 6 speed auto box.
I think theses are now discontinued .
Its a 2016 motorhome amd the engine is Euro 5 rated and has done just 14,000 miles .

Wondering if there are any issues with this engine we need to be aware of ? And why it’s been discontinued ?
I assume it’s something to do with the new Euro 6 emissions , and if that’s the case are we likely to run into problems with the emission level in some cities , such as in France where Crit air certicates are needed .
Aalso , how does it drive and are there any maintenance issues such as cam belt or chain ?

So , perhaps some of you with experience of this engine , good and bad , could let us know your thoughts on it please .

many thanks in advance .
Definitely not a fan of the comformatic gearbox very few places seem to be able to fix them.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Me too, just too many tales of expensive breakdowns ruining holidays because the electronics dont like something that a human would have lived with until the next service. KISS.
Fully agree and it appears there are so so many different reasons as to why there is a breakdown, far too complicated a system.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Me too, just too many tales of expensive breakdowns ruining holidays because the electronics dont like something that a human would have lived with until the next service. KISS.

I’m going through problems right now. I fundamentally know there is inherently nothing wrong with the gearbox, yet the electronics supporting the box are creating issues, which can’t be ignored as the electrics throw up too many fault codes for the whole engine management systems to handle.

Hoping for a nice reliable vehicle once the issue is properly diagnosed and fixed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
My 3ltr 160BHP engine has just suffered water-pump failure £680 to fix, but no parts for 8 weeks, anyone have any ideas on getting it turned round quicker?

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Hi.
looking to change our motorhome and one we’ve found , which we really like , has a 3 litre Fiat engine with 6 speed auto box.
I think theses are now discontinued .
Its a 2016 motorhome amd the engine is Euro 5 rated and has done just 14,000 miles .

Wondering if there are any issues with this engine we need to be aware of ? And why it’s been discontinued ?
I assume it’s something to do with the new Euro 6 emissions , and if that’s the case are we likely to run into problems with the emission level in some cities , such as in France where Crit air certicates are needed .
Aalso , how does it drive and are there any maintenance issues such as cam belt or chain ?

So , perhaps some of you with experience of this engine , good and bad , could let us know your thoughts on it please .

many thanks in advance .
Superb engine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back