Fiat Ducato 2022 - service due - where?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
>8 years in T5
Hi. My Fiat Ducato 2022 is due it’s first 2 year service end of October. Just discovered that the Fiat Professsional garage in Gloucester has shut down. My motorhome dealer has said Telford. I’m located near Worcester, any recommendations where to go?
Needs to be Fiat Professional for the 5 year warranty.
Thanks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Can't help on a Fiat professional garage, I'm afraid - mine's a Citroen.

But RPM in Malvern were great for MOT - they have a class 7 MOT bay. And said they were happy to service my van for me.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It does not need to be a Fiat garage, so long as it is VAT registered & follows the Fiat service with Fiat parts it is covered, or that is my understanding
True but if you have a warranty claim it makes life so much easier if it's been serviced by Fiat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
With a 5 year warranty I would definitely use a Fiat Professional. There is a web page for finding F P service garages. Select Service and tick Camper then enter location.
It should look like this.
IMG_0615.jpeg

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
These guys:
Edwards
Wasn't happy with dealer I bought off. Found these guys and have been very happy. Just south of Worcester.
Edwards used to be the local Volvo dealer. They're still dealers for Mazda and Kia.

Family owned. I always had good service from them on my Sorento.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
It does not need to be a Fiat garage, so long as it is VAT registered & follows the Fiat service with Fiat parts it is covered, or that is my understanding
Sorry you are out of date. In general terms correct, BUT software required to carry out Fiat service requirements.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Sorry you are out of date. In general terms correct, BUT software required to carry out Fiat service requirements.

I have the same problem with a VW Transporter.

VW will not allow car franchisees to service commercial vehicles. It is an absolute pain in the *****

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Non Fiat Professional garages will not be properly trained, have access to service information or have the ability/capability to fully complete Fiat tasks.
I would only suggest that any owner get direct confirmation from the garage that it is able to fulfill Fiat specifics. Important is access to codes, deleting codes and resetting oil and service schedules.
I have a very good local garage, used for years.
It told me directly that it could not service my 2022 Ducato.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
I agree with the posters advising you use Fiat Professional, you have the extended warranty why put it at risk?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696F
Exp
4yrs
I know its a long way, but, honestly, I would take a day trip down to Portsmouth and visit Adam Morey..... chat to Simon... he seems to be the country's guru on Fiats and his knowledge on G/ boxes is amazing..... I would;ld ask him to check the G/ box while he is doing the service....... plenty of nice places to stay while you have the work done.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
A long trek I know but you could make a mini break of it and book a service at Chelston Motorhomes Wellington Somerset. Fiat Professional with extensive workshops and all they deal with is Motorhomes. Cadside C&MC site is only a mile max walk or cycle from it and you could spend the day in Wellington the same distance further on.
I would also add to others suggestions that if you have the 5 year Fiat Warranty go Fiat Professional; eliminates wiggle room should you need to claim.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back