Fiat Assist

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
I haven't needed to call Fiat Assist but wondered what people's experience of calling them is, both UK and Europe?

If for example I have something simple such as a flat tyre do the respond quickly or do they have an AA/RAC type process where they go to more vulnerable customers first?

Just wondering if I need to supplement with AA/RAC/Green Flag etc.?

Also, they say to call them first if you have an accident rather than calling the insurance first. Not sure why they say this.

thank you

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
I called them once with a flat battery at home and they responded via AA promptly but don’t do recovery as far as I remember so let the warranty expire when I moved over to Natiowide and their breakdown policy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
Thanks. According to their website they do recovery either here or in Europe.

So they dispatch another service such as the AA etc. ?

thanks

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Appalling service. I had a faulty battery and the van wouldn't start. I called them on the freephone number on the back of the sunvisor. That number doesn't exist. I called the other number and got through at my third attempt. Whilst waiting for assistance, I got a call from a call centre to follow the progress of the recovery and give me any further help should it be required. They told me the best they could do was to put the van in storage for three weeks and put me in a hotel for that period but they suggested I find a local independent installer to fit a new battery and I would get refunded. I did that and called Fiat Assist back to let them know. They said I never called them as they had no records of me and that I would not get a refund.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
When I called them a couple of years ago the RAC did the roadside attendance. The motorhome was recovered from Norfolk to Adams Morey in Portsmouth, no hassle and happy to take it to my preferred Fiat Professional not one of the nearer ones. Very happy with Fiat Camper Assist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
Mixed bag then. I'm tempted to pay twice and get alternative cover via the insurers.
Not ideal but I'm unsure if Fiat Assist cover the driver in event of personal illness/injuries

Thank you

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back